1976 honda cb450 parts help

Rustlestiltskin

I would have thought all of those things could be salvaged from scads of other hondas. Without having it right in front of me I can't say for certain... but the cb750 brakes can be swapped onto most older Hondas easily, and they're dirt cheap. Might need to swap speedo gears to make the cluster work, tach drive should be the same.

There are numerous resources for parts for old Honda's.

However, I don't think they ever made a 1976 CB450. The CB450 was made through 1974.

Perhaps your bike is a 1974 model that wasn't titled until 1976? I have seen that happen before.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

good lookin out man. its prolly a 1974 then. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and the guy told me it has a busted gauge,headlight, needs carb tuned, and one of the brake lines is froze up. other then that its cool lol

Guest tbutera2112
modernize that shit...get a front end setup from a newer sportbike, forks - brakes - etc...also if you cant find a gauge, they make aftermarket setups like people use to convert dirt bikes to dual sports....headlights are np, you can make any light work...i like the headlight housing on vrods myself

good lookin out man. its prolly a 1974 then. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and the guy told me it has a busted gauge,headlight, needs carb tuned, and one of the brake lines is froze up. other then that its cool lol

An excellent resource for these old bikes is the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. Google it for the site. Not sure if you can view the mailing list discussions but there are various links there that should help. If not let me know and I will snoop around the site to see what I can find for you.

Rice Patty down on 11th i believe. Its the place for anything. Its a grave yard for old jap bikes. You can also buy new stuff there too. Personally, the guys in there treat you like pewp, but they have everything you need.

• 2 weeks later...
Was gonna post that myself. I've been working on a '74 CB550 for about a year now and that's where I go for all things involving old school Hondas.

Yes, that's where I hang out also. Plus, they have a good sense of humor.

Are you doing a stock restoration or a custom? I love the old hondas. Have a 78 cb550 cafe myself. I know of a bike yard out here in the country outside plain city. Its nothing more than a few barns packed with bikes.

if you try rice paddy and they dont have what you need, they have a sister shop 30-40 mi from 270 on 33 E. Just make sure you or the guys at the paddy call before you haul your ass out there.

bikebandit.com is a great source for OEM you cant find but you'll pay out your ass.

example im paying over 50 w/o shipping for 2 bolts for my front caliper rebuild

aaaaaaaaslo, if your brake lines need replaced, spieglar is who i went through

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=motorcycle+brake+line+centerville+ohio&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.861942,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=motorcycle+brake+line&hnear=Centerville,+OH&ll=39.649732,-84.125576&spn=0.007864,0.01929&t=h&z=16