damn ricer...

pontiacfreak142

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also so let me get this straight, you got the car up to 155 after 10 miles, then an STI caught you and you two stayed together?

wtf are you talking about...we were driving normally and an sti came up and wanted to have fun so we had fun....we weren't trying to race the car and/or win...my fiance wanted to see how our car handled after we got the limiter removed and some other stuff messed with and we actually stayed pretty close to him

but you don't know how many people were in his car, or if they knew how to really drive, etc...."racing" is a lot on the driver and not just the car....you may have a "fast" car, but suck at shifting or your car is packed down with 4 people and then you are getting caught by slower cars....totally depends on lots of things

i'm not shit talking that our car is fast...or that it will beat your car....someone just asked why we like our mazda3's and so i answered it and now it has turned into a stupid debate about a 3 keeping up with an sti....

why can't we all just enjoy our cars for what they are....we all like our cars for different reasons and that's why we drive them and not other cars....why does it always have to be a shit talking-fest about how so and so's car will beat so and so's car...or that it will do this in a quarter mile....blah blah blah

just go out and have fun with your car and be happy

we get our car on the dyno this week...if you guys must know, i will post the dyno sheets when we get them

our car does not have a turbo...so of course we aren't going to have crazy hp...but compared to other regular naturally aspirated 3's, we have a very quick one (i am only comparing it to other 3's, not other cars)

but you don't know how many people were in his car, or if they knew how to really drive, etc...."racing" is a lot on the driver and not just the car....you may have a "fast" car, but suck at shifting or your car is packed down with 4 people and then you are getting caught by slower cars....totally depends on lots of things

So your car was gutted and the STI had 4 passengers and a 2 dead bodys in the trunk?

i'm not shit talking that our car is fast...or that it will beat your car....

yes you did, you said your car can Keep up with an STI in a line to 155.

here's our first dyno...slow compared to everyone's car, but fast for a regular 3

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/SeanV170WHP158WTQ.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/SeanVAF.jpg

but we have a reflash now and currently our car is getting tuned and getting a standback from custom performance engineering in maryland....so we will see what it does on the dyno...i think it goes in on wednesday

here's our first dyno...slow compared to everyone's car, but fast for a regular 3

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/SeanV170WHP158WTQ.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/frenchychan/SeanVAF.jpg

but we have a reflash now and currently our car is getting tuned and getting a standback from custom performance engineering in maryland....so we will see what it does on the dyno...i think it goes in on wednesday

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bigohnoes.gif

Oh Slomo's dyno......

nevermind, I want none of that power. You win.

i guess to put our dyno into perspective compared to another 3, here's another dyno of someones car....has some of the same mods as us, but we have a lot more done...this has the before and after the reflash....we don't have an after yet of our reflash to compare it to, though

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/sagexp/DynoRun.jpg

i guess to put our dyno into perspective compared to another 3, here's another dyno of someones car....has some of the same mods as us, but we have a lot more done...this has the before and after the reflash....we don't have an after yet of our reflash to compare it to, though

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/sagexp/DynoRun.jpg

So now you are comparing a mustang dyno with Slomo's? You are full of win!

So now you are comparing a mustang dyno with Slomo's? You are full of win!

well i can't find the same dyno....so sorry....it was just an example of another na 3

threads like this are why i dislike the columbus car scene...no one is nice to other people...you all shit talk like crazy...everyone is so stuck up about how awesome they are and how much better they are than everyone else....blah blah blah, my sti is faster than your mazda 3...so what!? what does that prove? just that you have a faster car or that you make more hp...Whoop Dee Doo!!!

we got this car to haul kids, groceries and other things...we like the interior and the styling of the car...it goes fast enough for us and we can run it on the track on the weekends....it's slow, but gets us where we are going while getting almost 40mpg...end of story...

well i can't find the same dyno....so sorry....it was just an example of another na 3

threads like this are why i dislike the columbus car scene...no one is nice to other people...you all shit talk like crazy...everyone is so stuck up about how awesome they are and how much better they are than everyone else....blah blah blah, my sti is faster than your mazda 3...so what!? what does that prove? just that you have a faster car or that you make more hp...Whoop Dee Doo!!!

we got this car to haul kids, groceries and other things...we like the interior and the styling of the car...it goes fast enough for us and we can run it on the track on the weekends....it's slow, but gets us where we are going while getting almost 40mpg...end of story...

My car hauls two kids every day. Get groceries just fine, and it's slow, but not as slow as that torque monster of a 3 you own.

Dammit next time we see each other Ima gonna do a ricer fly bye, because I know I will lose in a real race. :D Consider yourself stalked. :D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/blackninjaspot.jpg

Edited by sol740

My car hauls two kids every day. Get groceries just fine, and it's slow, but not as slow as that torque monster of a 3 you own.

good for you....our car was much cheaper, though, and is still fun...plus we get to build it the way we want instead of just buying the car already built

I hate this because someone says their 155 hp 3 can keep up with a car that has double the HP and then realizes it can't and that's their story and she's sticking to it. All would be well if you wouldn't tell tall tales, that's all. You are mad because I called bullshit and you got caught?

Guest tbutera2112

i used to daily an 04 3 (sedan - NA).....it was "peppy" i guess....but it was a slow pig...i think an sti would pwn it driving in reverse....isnt there a member here who took his NA 3 to trails and ran a 16 something?

it did handle pretty well, it was a little sloppy, but nothing a nice set of coil overs couldnt fix

theyre not as "little" as people make them out to be...it was every bit as big as my mustang

I hate this because someone says their 155 hp 3 can keep up with a car that has double the HP and then realizes it can't and that's their story and she's sticking to it. All would be well if you wouldn't tell tall tales, that's all. You are mad because I called bullshit and you got caught?

:rolleyes: this is fucking lame...i'm going to go eat and get on with my life

i used to daily an 04 3 (sedan - NA).....it was "peppy" i guess....but it was a slow pig...i think an sti would pwn it driving in reverse....isnt there a member here who took his NA 3 to trails and ran a 16 something?

yes they run 16's ...but we have no plans to drag race our car because we don't want to be that hard on our car for such a short period of time