School Me on Integras

jeffro

In June, or before that after my clutch is replaced, im selling the mustang. im selling because a car payment at this point in my life is not exactly the best idea. also, since i have the car payment, i also have to carry full coverage on the mustang, which is ~$1900 a year just on insurance. and its a v8 so it drinks gas like none other. buying an integra would be more economically friendly for myself, but still allow me to build and play with the car.

after the mustang is gone, ill have about 4500 to spend just on the car. the integra i get will be boosted. the last few weeks ive been doing quite a bit of research and it seems the best model is the gsr. the GSR's are more costly than the other models but the performance out of them seems pretty nice. how do these cars hold up at 150k+ miles? is it bad idea to put a t3/t4 at 160k miles? secondly, what can these handle on stock internals, and fuel injectors/pumps?

also considering the RS/LS model. these seem to be more in my price range. again, what kind of power can these handle on stock internals, injectors/pumps? how well will they hold up against a turbo at 100K+ miles?

these only rev up 7k rather than 8 or 9 like the GSR. how do these respond to boost?

it seems the ones ive seen online have rust in the rear quarter, but is there anything else i should look for? how do the trannys hold up on these? whats a motor rebuild cost?

also interested in learning about the D series motors.

any links/information that could be provided would be helpful.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not smart to turbo anyhting with that kind of miles. I would try to pick up a rebuilt motor thats resleeved and then turbo it. People are always parting out builds that they cant finish so thats a good way to find stuff cheap. If you want reliable and good on gas, just put cams, exhaust, header, intake, and be done with it

And then youll get 35 mpg or so.

Its not smart to turbo anyhting with that kind of miles. I would try to pick up a rebuilt motor thats resleeved and then turbo it. People are always parting out builds that they cant finish so thats a good way to find stuff cheap. If you want reliable and good on gas, just put cams, exhaust, header, intake, and be done with it

And then youll get 35 mpg or so.

reallly looking for a turbo car. and this seems like a good place to start. how about turbo at 100k miles? again, whats a rebuild cost?

Guest Removed

honda BOOSTED...no... not if you want dependable.

yes the gsr are nice, but you wont stay out of vtec. if you cant afford a performance car, drive 500 beaters like i did for years, till you can afford to have a nice weekend toy.

like when dyno brian shows up to his shop, he's not always driving a mustang. hes driving his gas saving 4 banger ranger, windows down, yelling at hoes, and listening to his m.c. hammer blistering from the tape deck.

you can take it how ever you want. any high mileage car, is going to be broke, or need something one way or the other. how about letting the mustang sit, and driving some pos beater for work. you can also cut back your insurance on it, cause you dont drive it daily like you are now.

so your going to sell your car to save money and gas but your going to build a turbo car to burn more money and gas?

AMIRITE?

i didnt say i was saving it. with the payments im making now, i dont have any money to put into the car, or any spending money for that matter.

Guest Removed
i didnt say i was saving it. with the payments im making now, i dont have any money to put into the car, or any spending money for that matter.

and owning a boosted honda, will be in the same ball park, if not worse.:gtfo:

Why Not pick up a dsm, good gas mileage, great power for the money, looks, and it doesnt sound like a coffee can full of pissed off african bumble bees. And for the people that say they break all the time that is not true if you stay up on your maintenance and mod smartly.

Just my .02

Why Not pick up a dsm, good gas mileage, great power for the money, looks, and it doesnt sound like a coffee can full of pissed off african bumble bees. And for the people that say they break all the time that is not true if you stay up on your maintenance and mod smartly.

Just my .02

yea an break 3 times a day fuck that :gtfo:

Can a MOD delete this thread this is just crazy.

ahahaha we have a winner!

Guest Removed

Just my .02

right..... he just got ride of a dsm, that was nickle and dimming him to death

right..... he just got ride of a dsm, that was nickle and dimming him to death

FUCK. DIMMING HIM TO DEATH. I better watch out then. Those DIMMER switches are a scary one. I should just get rid of mine now. I dont want to get DIMMED to DEATH!

Guest Removed
FUCK. DIMMING HIM TO DEATH. I better watch out then. Those DIMMER switches are a scary one. I should just get rid of mine now. I dont want to get DIMMED to DEATH!

does your junk fucking run? oh thats right... its dimming you to death to. better try to get some more over time in at best buy so you can keep it running fdor more then 30 seconds at a time