School Me on Integras

jeffro

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
ok, now were getting somewhere. but 20 years old?

ha..some of the best little cars, and cheap ass parts.. i have a customer with one with 480K and counting on his. stone stock, and just costs him some money every now and again.

hell i have owned several as beaters and toys..i learned not to build them into a toy tho

Honestly dude, you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Option 1: Have a car payment and have a quick/nice daily driver

Option 2: Buy a beater for 500-1000 and grin and bear it.

Once you turbo your beater/daily it will begin to become a car payment and you'll be bumming rides to work every other day.

Car payment or beater, you decide.

no, not interested in a pontiac.

I just said don't buy a Pontiac lol and I don't have mine anymore if that's what you were thinking?

If you wanna stay RWD but also want a boosted 4cyl...look at 240's. There are some clean and pretty stock swapped ones for around that price.

I had a GTP for almost 4 years. It was a great daily but I wouldn't have gone any further with mods than what I had. In the end it was still a cheap GM family car.

Yes, thats why I sold mine before I even got close to deep into modding. and the fact that it's a FWD automatic. I do miss it though

Jeffro if you are really serious about an integra my friend has a turbo gsr for sale. It is a clean title 97 gsr/ type r clone. Made almost 350. Ha a full race top mount t3 t67 ho etc. Has also beat a couple cars on this board.Pm me if you are interested.

details? price? pics?

yesim dead serious

Jeffro if you are really serious about an integra my friend has a turbo gsr for sale. It is a clean title 97 gsr/ type r clone. Made almost 350. Ha a full race top mount t3 t67 ho etc. Has also beat a couple cars on this board.Pm me if you are interested.
What cars did he beat?

It's a stock motor and we built it with extra parts. We ran out of injector... It beat shantons car last year from a dig, and some ws6. He made a post about it. Those races were also with only 290 hp and a stock clutch. He wants 6500 for the car as it sits. Will be less if he keeps the system etc. I'll try to get pics for you as the car currently is

and owning a boosted honda, will be in the same ball park, if not worse.

You make me not want to go back to your shop with that comment Rob, how am i supposed to trust your ability to work on my car when your opinion of boosted Hondas are so low... Sigh :(

Dude....turbo foxbody...you already know mustangs, just get a 5.0 and end the world.

Seriously, buy a clean 5.0l for $3-$4k, buy chad's kit for under $2k, and own honda's plus other shit everywhere. Or buy a beat/cheap foxbody for $1500, and do the same.

Liability or even full coverage on a 20year old car can't be much, even if it's a 'sports car'. If anything a GSR would have HIGHER insurance because they get stolen a bunch. I've had hondas/acuras/mustangs, the mustangs are always cheaper to mod and insure.

Why Not pick up a dsm, good gas mileage, great power for the money, looks, and it doesnt sound like a coffee can full of pissed off african bumble bees. And for the people that say they break all the time that is not true if you stay up on your maintenance and mod smartly.

Just my .02

I was going to say DSM too, regardless of how smart you are on maintenance its just not a good idea to daily drive a modded car. Inevitably things will go wrong and break and make the car that much more unreliable regardless of what kind of car it is. If you want to save money sell your cobra and buy a DD honda of some sort and keep it stock while saving for a 'toy'.

Guest Removed
You make me not want to go back to your shop with that comment Rob, how am i supposed to trust your ability to work on my car when your opinion of boosted Hondas are so low... Sigh :(

umm, how often do i see that car? and you wonder where those comments come from..dont get me wrong, once we sort out your issues, that car will be great...but. finding the right mixx of parts can be a bitch, and it costs money son.

stock car, high $ racing turbo kit + high dollar racing clutch = broken more often then not. i have been there done that.

onc we get you clutch issue worked out tho, it should be alot easyer.. but you got more clutch then you really needed to.....