School Me on Integras

jeffro

The issue with DD a DSM is that you have to:

A: Buy brokedick/abused DSM. $1200-2500

B: Spend another 2K on maintenance and broken parts from the last 16 year old that had it.

C: Have money set aside for when stuff still breaks, because it will.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B: Spend another 1K on maintenance and broken parts from the last 16 year old that had it.

QFT.

from a dig

Well it must be suuuuuuuuuuuuper fast

Dude....turbo foxbody...you already know mustangs, just get a 5.0 and end the world.

Seriously, buy a clean 5.0l for $3-$4k, buy chad's kit for under $2k, and own honda's plus other shit everywhere. Or buy a beat/cheap foxbody for $1500, and do the same.

The reality is you could almost tack another 3 grand on top of that quote.

Not to get started, but I'm sure over time that'd be true. I mean I know Chad's $2k kit won't get everything done, but it definitely doesn't STILL require $3k additional in parts.

But it happens with all cars, I've spent OVER a grand in the past month on my car, and its still stock besides a lid/filter. Gotta pay to play.

Not to get started, but I'm sure over time that'd be true. I mean I know Chad's $2k kit won't get everything done, but it definitely doesn't STILL require $3k additional in parts.

If he does it all himself and doesn't care for reliability he could hit that budget. Clutches, gaskets, transmissions, chips, mafs + fuel, tune, and rear-ends can add up quickly. I do see your point though.

It's a stock motor and we built it with extra parts. We ran out of injector... It beat shantons car last year from a dig, and some ws6. He made a post about it. Those races were also with only 290 hp and a stock clutch. He wants 6500 for the car as it sits. Will be less if he keeps the system etc. I'll try to get pics for you as the car currently is

fuck the system. bumping radios arent for me anyways. shit, who even listens to the radio while driving(might be v8 owner thing?) awaiting pics and further details

Guest Removed

wanna bet on that?

4.6l kit 1900 with taxs(rough idea) cant remember.

k member kit 640 shipped

pump 200

injectors 300

maf 200

tune 600

thats 3500 right there.

plus you still need to catch can the pcv correctly, and a air filter, oil change, make brackets for the intercooler, weld the maf flange on and so on.

wanna bet on that?

4.6l kit 1900 with taxs(rough idea) cant remember.

k member kit 640 shipped

pump 200

injectors 300

maf 200

tune 600

thats 3500 right there.

plus you still need to catch can the pcv correctly, and a air filter, oil change, make brackets for the intercooler, weld the maf flange on and so on.

Durr...I already had $2k for the turbo kit....he was saying $3k ON TOP OF THAT, and you don't need the Kmember on a foxbody, and you can pick up parts used...So yeah, no where near $3k right off the bat. kthxbye :cool:

B: Spend another 2K on maintenance and broken parts from the last 16 year old that had it.

quoted for the truth. General rule is however much you spend on the car your going to spend the same amount on just maintenance after you buy it.

Well you guy's knew I was going to comment on this thread lol

First let me say that I dd my XXX hp lsvtec, even take it on trips once a month. I'm not a big fan of the integra body but there motors are great.. I have alot of money in this one because I wanna go fast and have reliability at that hp. The green car is a great example because there was maybe 800$$ in the bottomend. That pistons rods and a block guard and thats it stock sleeves and standard bearing's. It made 400.6whp and didn't blow up even with a stock head and I drove it on 375-380hp as my dd and never had a problem besides the trans was starting to go. I had know ideal of mileage on it when I bought it but it got the job done. So look on Honda-tech and find a guy with good feedback with rods and pistons for cheap bnib if you can. Take it to Phillips racing and have them bore hone and assembled and figure out what turbo you wanna go with and all the necessary part's to go with it and you won't ever look back.. There's nothing better to have a 300+hp car and still get 35mpg.. I'll even help you p[ut the stuff together when you get it.

Guest Removed
Durr...I already had $2k for the turbo kit....he was saying $3k ON TOP OF THAT, and you don't need the Kmember on a foxbody, and you can pick up parts used...So yeah, no where near $3k right off the bat. kthxbye :cool:

1450n turbo kit

pump

maf

injectors

all the same shit i already listed in the other post. and the stock clutch wont take it, the stock head gaskets wont like anything over 6psi (i havent seen a 5.0 car stay under 6psi yet.) so head studs and good gaskets. so on and so on... granted you can just slap a turbo kit on one, but i havent seen one yet, that stayed at 6psi for every long. but, shit going to break. which, your not accounting for, if you dont do it right the first time.

kthanksbye. :gtfo:

Why would you want a boosted honda? i mean i know its already been said, but why?

i'm not gonna tell you to keep the stang, i can see you wanna get rid of it.

This is what you need to do. Buy a cheapass, shitass car that will have cheap insurance and be good on gas. drive it for a year. the amount of money you save on payments and such will be really high. Put all your money into a better car. Sounds like you can't really afford anything too expensive, so how about a Nissan 300ZX, a mitsubishi 3000GT vr4, a mazda rx7? all of those are 100 times better than a boosted honda.

Guest Removed
Why would you want a boosted honda? i mean i know its already been said, but why?

This is what you need to do. Buy a cheapass, shitass car that will have cheap insurance and be good on gas. drive it for a year. the amount of money you save on payments and such will be really high. Put all your money into a better car. Sounds like you can't really afford anything too expensive, so how about a Nissan 300ZX, a mitsubishi 3000GT vr4, a mazda rx7? all of those are 100 times better than a boosted honda.

and all of those cost some money to keep up and mod..he is better off with the stang or a honda in that case

Hahaha you have a lot to learn but depending on the year every car you listed is far from cheap or cheap to mod, for the person who can't do there own maint it will cost them an arm and leg. Some of the average cars you listed foor nice ones are 15k. Why did you want a v6 mustang? Some people build/buy/drive what they want not what others tell them. If I would of listened to every jackass who told me not to buy a dsm 10 years ago, id never learned as much as I have about cars.

how about a Nissan 300ZX, a mitsubishi 3000GT vr4, a mazda rx7? all of those are 100 times better than a boosted honda.

I agree. Maybe not on the Rx7, but a 300zx and vr4 would be a good choice. Take a VR4, a bolt on 15g turbo kit from 3sx will put you in the 700hp range with a good tune. They are reliable also.

I'd post up proof but 3sx changed their site and it sucks now

Honestly dude, you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Option 1: Have a car payment and have a quick/nice daily driver

Option 2: Buy a beater for 500-1000 and grin and bear it.

Once you turbo your beater/daily it will begin to become a car payment and you'll be bumming rides to work every other day.

Car payment or beater, you decide.

WINNER #1

I would rather have a car payment with your Mustang than own an old, beat up Integra. Plus cops will nail you every chance they get for having a fart can on a 4 cylinder econobox because they'll suspect you as some stupid little punk. I have never got a ticket in my Trans Am, I've even blown by cops on the freeway cruising 80+ multiple times and they don't even bother. I wasn't racing or anything, just chillin in the fast lane going home.

But anyways if you're dead-set on getting an Integra, stay away from the '94 models (and '95 too I think? I'm a little rusty with the Honda thing) because they had shitty engines.. less horsepower, I think only in the GS-R's. The LS B18B's were great to boost because of the taller gear ratios in their trans and from-the-factory lower compression, some people would even swap those trannies into their monster dohc vtec swaps to stay in boost longer.

But just remember.. even a retard who can lift heavier weights than you is still a retard. I would rather own my slow Trans Am over a 10-second Honda and that will never change.

WINNER #2

TRUTH

I SHOULD QFT.

Fixed

People in the thead are speaking about what they had to deal with so you should listen. I tried to find a nice beater and those words do not go together. To be honest most of the hondas I saw were junk. You are going to pay for the fuckups of another person and then pay to fix them. That is unless you want to buy something nice then mod it later.

DSM's are not the best for a daily unless you know how to work on cars. I have not seen to many that have mods that run under their own power for long periods of time.

It really comes down to what you want to do but think about this for a second. How much fun will it be when you have a boosted honda stuck in the snow? I saw this first hand at my apartment complex this winter and let me tell you that guy was hating life.

you really should listen to some of this advice these guys are giving you. a couple things to think about, i dont care how well built some one says a car is, it can still go boom at any time. hell ive seen shop built boosted cars go blow sky high with in months, including several turbo hondas running on a measly 8 psi. And another thing, when i started looking for a mustang/ fbody a few years ago, my dad gave me some great advice. He told me to avoid buying already modded cars at all cost. this was good advice because 1, you dont know everything that has been done to that car. They may say they did everything right, and it may look proffesional, but there have been just that 1 little thing some one decided to go cheap on, and its gonna cost you. Not to mention the fact that if it was modded, it was probably beat on to (and not to try to take business away from anyone, but there is no way in hell i would ever trust a boosted car thats been beat on)

Look at it this way. If you don't have the extra funds for insurance and car payments you probabally shouldn't be wanting nice cars, Let alone mod and race the car. I would keep the stang leave it bee for now and save.