School Me on Integras

jeffro

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got flamed for "I'm buy and then boost an integra daily driver to SAVE MONEY"

I hate to agree with u but I have to.

Ur not rreally saving $ home slice. Plus mustang ull pick up hot bitches a integra mad tye jdm nees ur gonna pick up dudes or the more white trash whores

:no pun intended for anyones girls:

Just passin threw to say I'm slow an that I beat badazzgsx :lol:

Nicely done paul.

Jones, nowhere did I say I was trying to save money. I love building and working on cars. With the payments and insurance and gas I pay for the mustang, I have no money left over to add more parts or do anything to it. This way, ill have at least that 500 bucks a month for parts, or whatever else I want do to it. I understand that boosting a high mileage car is a bad idea, but if I play my cards right, it won't be an issue.

Nicely done paul.

Jones, nowhere did I say I was trying to save money. I love building and working on cars. With the payments and insurance and gas I pay for the mustang, I have no money left over to add more parts or do anything to it. This way, ill have at least that 500 bucks a month for parts, or whatever else I want do to it. I understand that boosting a high mileage car is a bad idea, but if I play my cards right, it won't be an issue.

I dunno what your car payment is Jeff, but have you shopped around for insurance quotes? I guess you could have a lot of points or something, but even at 19 my insurance wasn't that bad and I had 6points/suspended license.

If you're dead set on getting another car, make sure you can even sell your Mustang for what you owe/hopefully have some cash left over, otherwise this post/you looking for another car is pointless because you'll have negative equity you have to pay in order to sell it.

Then I'd try and either get rides/drive some people's cars that are what you think you might like, and you'll probably be surprised. I've had a tons of cars, and been in even more, and I know there was a big difference between what I thought it'd be and what it really was.

And decide what you want the car for? Dig, roll, daily fun, track only? Etc, because a high boost turbo fwd civic probably wont' be as much fun at the drag strip as it will be on the hwy, and vice versa for a NA mustang gt or something similar.

GL man, its never easy.

I do know of a certain turbo rx7 that may be for sale VERY shortly UNDER your budget...

You got flamed for "I'm buy and then boost an integra daily driver to SAVE MONEY"

Exactly. I don't know of any beater when you're 19 that's a turbo car. Especially one not FI'd from the factory... :lol:

Exactly. I don't know of any beater when you're 19 that's a turbo car. Especially one not FI'd from the factory... :lol:

1g dsm is a beater. 6 bolt will take anything you throw at it. If i still had my 1g i bet that motor still would be running. But the rear brakes locked up and i didnt feel like replacing them so i parted it out.

Nicely done paul.

Well, you will need that $500 for the rental car you'll be in when your daily driver takes a shit every 2 weeks. :p

Well, you will need that $500 for the rental car you'll be in when your daily driver takes a shit every 2 weeks. :p

My father has a spare vehicle that he let's me use when the mustang is down, so that's not a problem. Its a truck, so that wouldn't work as a dd though. Beer30, I owe way less than what I feel I can get out of it. I priced them out and will be coming out on top about 2k

You are really enjoying that, aren't you ?:D

Slow day at work, haha

Oh an I beat jeffro a shit ton of times too ahhh

They see me rolling an integraaaa, they running away cause its gayyyy yea. Doesn'treally rhyme with that song but ahh well

Why did you want a v6 mustang? Some people build/buy/drive what they want not what others tell them. If I would of listened to every jackass who told me not to buy a dsm 10 years ago, id never learned as much as I have about cars.

I hear you man, and i totally understand. I'll never regret getting my six stang because it is so common that i was able to learn it inside and out really easily, and learn alot about modding cars in general. But some cars are just not good choices to be modded. A honda for example, is not.

Quoting for truth:

going from somewhat fast and reliable to slow and a money pit to mod and make fast is a horrible idea. Been there and done that with honda's.

NEVER a good idea to heavily modify the vehicle you RELY on to get to your job.....when that shit breaks, youre SOL

you really should listen to some of this advice these guys are giving you. a couple things to think about, i dont care how well built some one says a car is, it can still go boom at any time. hell ive seen shop built boosted cars go blow sky high with in months, including several turbo hondas running on a measly 8 psi. And another thing, when i started looking for a mustang/ fbody a few years ago, my dad gave me some great advice. He told me to avoid buying already modded cars at all cost. this was good advice because 1, you dont know everything that has been done to that car. They may say they did everything right, and it may look proffesional, but there have been just that 1 little thing some one decided to go cheap on, and its gonna cost you. Not to mention the fact that if it was modded, it was probably beat on to (and not to try to take business away from anyone, but there is no way in hell i would ever trust a boosted car thats been beat on)

It's a stock motor and we built it with extra parts. We ran out of injector... It beat shantons car last year from a dig, and some ws6. He made a post about it. Those races were also with only 290 hp and a stock clutch. He wants 6500 for the car as it sits. Will be less if he keeps the system etc. I'll try to get pics for you as the car currently is

I did lose to said car but 2nd would not engage from first.....

Props on the kill.

Wanna go from a roll I bet its got a different story then maybe you can post up the results so you can show everyone how fast it is.... My car runs like shit from a dig. From a roll is.....

I did lose though...

Buy a stang or just save and wait buy a nice daily.

I did lose to said car but 2nd would not engage from first.....

Props on the kill.

Wanna go from a roll I bet its got a different story then maybe you can post up the results so you can show everyone how fast it is.... My car runs like shit from a dig. From a roll is.....

I did lose though...

Buy a stang or just save and wait buy a nice daily.

He can digg me if you want. Does it count if you are sitting in the passanger seat shifting does that count as you driving? lol

I hear you man, and i totally understand. I'll never regret getting my six stang because it is so common that i was able to learn it inside and out really easily, and learn alot about modding cars in general. But some cars are just not good choices to be modded. A honda for example, is not.

Quoting for truth:

Tell that to the number of guys on here with 500whp+ hondas

Then ask them how much money they saved by modding it over keeping it stock. :o

I did not mean anything by saving money, he just acts like you can't make a honda fast because thhats far from the truth. If your trying to save money , would I recommend it? No. Even having a good job, with everyday life modding a car is not easy on the pocket book.