Bad oil spill news.

nurkvinny

And an informative post from the page:

Since it appears that several posters have NOT read the articles and the blogs, lets set the record straight. The well head pressure is 10,000 PSI. No amount of debris or anything heavy enough to weight it down will stop this leak. The only way is to pump concrete in through the wells that are being drilled and let it seal the well (18,000 feet BELOW the sea floor). The reason that BP is concerned is that the leak is only 8% of what the well could discharge if the Blow Out Preventers were NOT in place. The BOP's are stopping 92% of the well's flow. If they drop the box on the end of the pipe and create back pressure and the BOP's cut loose, then the volume will go up by 12 TIMES. The confidential NOAA document states this as well as what BP told Congress, behind closed doors. That is the worse case scenario. There are FIVE (5) BOP's on the well head. This comes directly from the Transocean Site. How many braking systems do you have on your car? They are in THREE stacks. One Stack has TWO or Dual Rams. One ram is a shear to shut off oil when no pipe is in place. The other is a hydraulic scissors shear to cut the pipe. There are TWO of these...so you have 4 BOP's. Next, you have a single BOP with a hydraulic shear. You can read all about them on the Transocean Site and also on the Cameron Site. The Accoustical BOP's that are used on the North Sea and Brazil are the SAME design. They just have another triggering circuit....same hydraulics. The ROV's have already been down and done a HOT STAB or hookup (with a hydraulic pump) into each of the BOP's....NO CHANGE. In addition, the BOP's have precharged cylinders with DEADMAN failsafe systems. When they lost hydraulic pressure through the riser, these should have closed...which they did. When they say they FAILED...they mean they have NOT stopped the flow... A missle would not even dent the flow....nor will shaped explosive charges. To get a missle down the riser, you would have to cut off the well head. The oil flowing out of the pipe is traveling about the same speed as a .357 Bullet. have you EVER seen a bullet fly through the air...it is traveling at 888 MPH. So, forget the missle. BP and the Goverment do NOT want to cut off or choke down the flow. They are afraid it will then created back pressure and blow the well....thus, there will be 12 times the leak. As to the Obama Administration....it is Totally INEPT. NOAA put out a Not For Public Distribution Memo last week. When No one read it, a NOAA employee leake it. It states that the oil flow could increase by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE. FOr the Non-Scientific types, that is 10 times greater...so when BP told Congress (also behind closed doors) that the worst case scenario was 12 times as great, they were agreeing with NOAA. When the press went to the WH and asked Gibbs on Thursday about the document, THEN it became a big deal. Remember when President Obama started to talk about it? Remember how quickly it became an issue. The Obama Administration was told by NOAA and the Coast Guard and the Minerals and Mining Services that the LEAK was small and was contained....the BOP worked. When the subs found the leaks....the folks paniced...THEN it was a National Emergency....much worse than the Coal Mine Explosion. Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion

well good thing they have been charging so much for oil the last couple of years so they can pay for it themselves.... wait, you mean the gov aka people who they charge a bunch will have to cover their fuckup

russia has had the same problem in the past and they just send down a small nuke, it fixes it every time and i read where they stated they had about 30 total that have had to be done like that.

I heard that Russia suggested we just nuke it. Didn't know it was because they know it works. LOL

French papers read "Obama talks as oil spills"

he needs to get on the ball and get the problem fixed, him talking and bringing BP for hearings isnt fixing it.

Obama is incompetent in fixing problems.[/QUOTE]

You should probably hurry up and get to Washington and let Mr. Obama know what he should do to fix this problem.

I dont know about you guys but im sick of this big government take over! We dont need Obomnooomomama care, we dont need the government in our lives

(except when a publicly traded company fucks up, then......)

OBAMMONANNAOMAA SHOULD BE BETTER!

but ill continue to scrutinize how he handled AIG and bailed me out of my trailor i couldnt afford while i put all my money toward my trans am

PS BP needs to get their greasy brit hands off my Amurican soil! What would our forefathers done!What would Glen Beck do?