Looking for a fun DD...

T Rex

Prefrences:

Less than 12k

RWD or AWD

Manual

Decent performance, doesn't have to be mind blowing.

Reliable!

Thats really about it... Kinda broad but I keep going back and forth on things.

I have been looking at IS300's, CTS's (only the V's can't really find in my price range though), I found a few s4's in that range but not sure how reliable they are. All luxury cars.. pretty expensive with high mileage :/. Any thoughts?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at IS300's and was just about to get one, but I took out an B6(02-05) A4 1.8t 5-speed Quattro and it was over after that. The IS look great stock, but I was looking at major upgrades to make it as nice inside and out as the Audi. Plus right now you can find them from 7-12K depending if you want higher miles, lower miles, USP, FWD(don't think about it), Nav, sport, or 1.8t or 3.Slow. Anything over 60K make sure the Timing belt has been door or have it done asap. So if this will be also the winter DD the Quattro will really be something to look into.

That is what sold me, the first drive.

When I bought my C5 A6, I was out driving everything for weeks. Drove the A6 and fell in love. Everythign felt right, and it ended up being the only car I went back and drove 3 times.

Been sold every since...

Honda S2000. Can buy them for $10-12k in great condition. They are reliable (honda) and fun to drive. Plenty of power (240hp) and top down fun to drive.

As long as the person doesn't care that they have to rev to 7500 before moving out of the way of the mini-van behind them.

:p

I also was looking at the 325, but it was a little slow for me. I was looking at the x but that was even slower with the AWD system. If you can find a good 330 you get the power of the M without all the insureace. Also like Aaron said try to find a 6-speed, but in that budget it might be hard. My 5-speed does good, but a little high in the RPM's on the highway.

Honda S2000. Can buy them for $10-12k in great condition. They are reliable (honda) and fun to drive. Plenty of power (240hp) and top down fun to drive.

Doesn't really seem like a good DD candidate

again, the OP wants a good daily, I don't think any of those qualify once winter rolls around

He did say RWD....

My Formula makes a great daily, but I only plan on using it during the warm months.

He did say RWD....

My Formula makes a great daily, but I only plan on using it during the warm months.

Yeah but a CTS or something is a lot more practical and daily driveable than an s2000.

My daily my Z28 from April thru October, but fuck driving it in the snow. I drove my '92 Camaro all last winter and it was a pain in the ass

Yeah but a CTS or something is a lot more practical and daily driveable than an s2000.

My daily my Z28 from April thru October, but fuck driving it in the snow. I drove my '92 Camaro all last winter and it was a pain in the ass

Camaro in winter

lolz