new wheels/tires on the duramax

xlr8tn

Pretty happy with how it came out. Got a decent deal on them too and got the tires I wanted.

stock

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/008-5.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/009resized.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/012resized.jpg

Looks a hell of a lot better. Where did you get them?

discount tire on gender. I went Monday to the Discount out here in Lancaster and they quoted me $1666 out the door for the same exact combo. I then went to pep boys and looked at some cooper made tires they had because they were cheap and decided to buy those (even though I really wanted the Kuhmo's) and got a quote from them. I liked these rims so I went back to the discount on gender to order just the rims and when he found out I was buying my tires at pep boys and saw my quote he got me these for $1277 out the door.....almost a $400 difference from the day before at the other discount. Might not still be a great deal....but I'm happy with it and was a much better quote vs $1600.

thanks guys

I still have a few plans for it. The black door guards are coming off whenever it gets hot enough outside to safely pull them off and the running boards are getting swapped for black bars. That all should happen fairly soon...long term I'm gonna put a 4-6" lift under it. I got some other stuff to do before then. Exhaust and tune are coming before the lift. I have efilive so I can do the tune at anytime but it still has a bumper to bumper warranty so I don't want to flash a tune until that's either gone or almost gone.

thanks guys

I still have a few plans for it. The black door guards are coming off whenever it gets hot enough outside to safely pull them off and the running boards are getting swapped for black bars. That all should happen fairly soon...long term I'm gonna put a 4-6" lift under it. I got some other stuff to do before then. Exhaust and tune are coming before the lift. I have efilive so I can do the tune at anytime but it still has a bumper to bumper warranty so I don't want to flash a tune until that's either gone or almost gone.

Once you do all that, it will seriously be perfect. I would do the exact same stuff as you if it were my truck. Oh and I'd also tint the front windows to match the others :cool:

Once you do all that, it will seriously be perfect. I would do the exact same stuff as you if it were my truck. Oh and I'd also tint the front windows to match the others :cool:

on the list :D That list is as long as my leg really.

I love the truck. I had reservations about getting rid of the goat for the duramax but it's all been good. I miss the goat occassionally but overall I'm very happy with the truck. Not to mention the goat was stock and it really wouldn't take a whole lot to make the truck faster if I wanted to go that route. :D

Trade for a 'yota? :lol:

pass...I had a 92 toyota that was a great truck until I put it upside down in a ditch back in 97 :D

When are you going to lift it?

I love the color with the black wheels.. I would've kept the fender flares, though.

originally I was going to go with chrome wheels so that's one of the reasons I pulled the flares. The other reason was that plastic starts to look like ass when it ages. This way I got it off the truck before it damaged the paint to much. Then I started looking at black wheels and thought they'd work well on the truck. Glad I did.

lower than the average I think. I get 18-20 on the highway but have seen 21 a couple times. Around town it drops quite a bit. I believe right now on the average of mostly city and short drives I'm showing 16.4

My buddy gets a couple more than I do all the way around with the same truck basically.

are you going to sell your stock rims if so i am interested

yeah, PM me an offer. Did you want the tires too? Still quite a bit of tread left on them. I'm not sure what the rims are going for and would have to look it up.

lower than the average I think. I get 18-20 on the highway but have seen 21 a couple times. Around town it drops quite a bit. I believe right now on the average of mostly city and short drives I'm showing 16.4

My buddy gets a couple more than I do all the way around with the same truck basically.

truck looks good!

chip it, intake and exhaust and your MPG's will go up!

truck looks good!

chip it, intake and exhaust and your MPG's will go up!

nice

thanks guys.....I have efilive so the tune is coming at some point. I'm going to straight pipe the stock exhaust first and see what that sounds like before doing anything. I was looking at a 4" MBRP straight piped exhaust but I could also see me getting split exhaust so I have the dual exits too. I'm not really building the truck for racing or pulling so every ounce of HP isn't the goal here.....reliability is most important to me. Truck makes plenty of power just in stock form really.