Moscato Wine...

When I drink a dessert wine, I drink port... like a man.

Men don't drink wine... so what now?

BUT, if you are a man... and you MUST drink sparkling wine... try martini & rossi prosecco... it is very good, and only 13.00 bucks a bottle. I was hooked after my first glass. not too sweet, just bubbly enough. Perfection.

Men don't drink wine... so what now?

BUT, if you are a man... and you MUST drink sparkling wine... try martini & rossi prosecco... it is very good, and only 13.00 bucks a bottle. I was hooked after my first glass. not too sweet, just bubbly enough. Perfection.

oh, and it is basically 'champagne' (grown in a different region, so different name). Same grape you get in Asti Spumante.

The muscat grape is used in Astis and Proseccos, but not the only grape. Muscato is not necessarily a dessert wine, by also an aperitif (you can google the word yourself)

The muscat grape is harvested late in the season to maximize the brix (sugar content for you PBR drinkers), or for use as raisins.

Muscato di Astis are medium sweet without being sickeningly/syrup sweet, with a very light effervescence. Astis and Proseccos are made using a second fermentation in a stainless tank (Charmat method) which does not produce the fine laced bubbles that Methode Champenoise (2nd fermentation in the bottle) does.

Never had it...but if it is a Dessert Wine, I won't bother trying. Though oddly enough, I enjoy Ice Wine. So of course the sweet wine that I like ends of being expensive. :( [/url]

Northern Ohio produces some excellent quality "Ice Wines" that are surprisingly cheap. They are sold in .375ml bottles, and will last in the refrigerator for a few weeks without noticable oxidation

You know, I saw a bottle of that at this wine shoppe near our home. I will give a try next time. I usually stick with what i know (sandeman/warre's) if I am keeping it cheap, but will go for a nice 20/30 yr tawny from time to time. but always open to something new!