Is there any fast Trucks running around?

Stampede

My favorite fast trucks of all time have to be the Typhoon's.

Syclones are nice too. Over a full second quicker stock :D

But yes nasty they are. http://www.streetfire.net/video/gmc-typhoon-1200hp-turbo-v6-drag-race-wheelie_1495337.htm

Stroker all aluminum 4.3v6 built by NRE, but the typhoon belongs to SyTy performance and they sell all the parts to build that motor. I love it!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The RAV is a very solid low 14's and I've have seen a few 13.9's, now, stock and with catbacks only. Not fast, but quick for what it is, for sure. And I still got over 27mpg and 400mi to the tank to St Louis with a light headwind and speeding.

Why would anyone put a cat-back on a RAV?

I've heard they're quick, but it doesn't strike me as a vehicle people would typically "mod."

You don't have to get the TRD Forged wheels/big brakes and all the other stuff on the motor trend truck. You can get a Single Cab 5.7L For 26K sticker, I'm sure you could negotiate lower than that if you care to. Add the supercharger for $5900 installed and I think you could walk out for around 30K plus taxes, which still isn't bad for the power you are getting and the fact that if something brakes you just take it back to Toyota.

you can't even build a reg cab withthe 5.7 on there site.

Lots of fast diesels around.

There's a low 10 second Duramax in Lancaster(Jeff Dean's), a few 11 second Cummins, and good amount of 12 second diesels from GM, Dodge, and Ford locally.

Mine went 12.80@106, and I don't have anything but a tune, trans, and exhaust. Also, gets 20 mpg.

Why would anyone put a cat-back on a RAV?

I've heard they're quick, but it doesn't strike me as a vehicle people would typically "mod."

+1. My mom has one and it's quick, I was surprised by it the first time I went HOT. IIRC it weighs 3600lbs and has 270ish HP. Why anyone would mod it is beyond me, but people will mod anything if you give them the chance.

Lots of fast diesels around.

There's a low 10 second Duramax in Lancaster(Jeff Dean's), a few 11 second Cummins, and good amount of 12 second diesels from GM, Dodge, and Ford locally.

Mine went 12.80@106, and I don't have anything but a tune, trans, and exhaust. Also, gets 20 mpg.

You end up keeping the truck?

Marysville/north lewisburg, woodstock have some fast ass cummins around, several low 11 second cummins and caleb black with his socal built high 10 second full street diesel truck. I think a few people on here know him. I also think danny toops on here has a nice built XXX whp cummins. he has a post on cdsm about his build. Diesel trucks are the new hondas in the country.

There is a kid on here with a 408 stroker Dakota, 740Dak or something. I think he's building a 1st gen dakota with something even bigger in it, should be quick.

Yep, Running 12.4 @ 111 with the 408" in a club cab Gen III.

Gen II Dakota is getting a 496" Big block, shooting for a mid-ten second pass on pump gas.

Mines not fast by any means now, at the track day last year it went 14.2, but there has been some tuning since then, so maybe -14's. The guy building my front mount kit just emailed me today to let me know it will be shipping next week. Once that goes on I'm not stopping till I get mid 10s.

1trueSS has a nice 6 speed truck.

Marysville/north lewisburg, woodstock have some fast ass cummins around, several low 11 second cummins and caleb black with his socal built high 10 second full street diesel truck. I think a few people on here know him.

Is this in the Duramax he has, haven't seen him in awhile and thats the last truck i saw him in?

Syclones are nice too. Over a full second quicker stock :D

But yes nasty they are. http://www.streetfire.net/video/gmc-typhoon-1200hp-turbo-v6-drag-race-wheelie_1495337.htm

Stroker all aluminum 4.3v6 built by NRE, but the typhoon belongs to SyTy performance and they sell all the parts to build that motor. I love it!!!!

Damn, that video makes me miss my Typhoon. Mine was/still awd thought. The one in the video is RWD.

You end up keeping the truck?

I still have it.

But, I have been entertaining the thought of putting it back up for sale. Waiting to see what pricing on the 2011 trucks is going to be. The 2500HD Denali Duramax has been haunting my thoughts everyday.