Liter bikes... which one?

So I am thinking about selling my Rocker C, since I never ride it, and replacing it with a 1000 Street bike. I like to go fast so I'll probably end up racing it at some point, but I really want either a new bike or a "like New" bike. Not looking to buy anyone's junk or something modded all to hell.

It has been a few years since I had a Sport bike, so I'd like to start off on something pretty much stock and work my way up from there. That being said, I don't want something that will never be fast either.

So, what should I buy????

First thoughts are

R1 Like the looks a lot

CBR1000RR don't like the looks as much but they seem to be fast as hell

GSX1000R Seems like a nice compramise but they didn't make a 2010 did they?

Looked at the BMW, and for 18k I think I could get any of the above bikes, a Dirtbike or 4 wheeler to play on and have some money left over for mods.

So what would you buy...

BTW, Josh, call me I am still very interested in the R1 we talked about... but I can't find your number.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at getting a second bike but I'm looking at the following. Both are 1000CC bikes but they are V-Twins.

Aprilia

RC51

All I can say is that you just need to go sit on each of them. I don't know a lot about liter bikes but the 600's of all the brands are supposed to be extremely similar to one another and it becomes rider preference as far as comfort.

but later I am sure I'll drag race it.

If this is what you eventually intend on doing, buy an 07/08 GSXR1k. Why you ask? It has been proven time and time again to be one of the best platforms for drag racing. Plus you can have Troy make it a monster (i.e. he has built tons and tons of drag bikes, including several that have won big series championships)

When Anthony's bike is completed I would seriously suggest checking his out and seeing the level of detail put into it and even Anthony will tell you he doesn't have a ton in it at all and it will be a sub 8 bike.

Don't buy a CBR they explode in drag racing. There is a reason people don't use them for that. I have seen some fast R1's and some fast ZX10's but you can't beat the amount/availability of parts for the GSXR.

Hope this helps and makes the decision process easier.

Other then the looks of it, what do you not like about the Rocker?

KillJoy

LOL

I love the looks of it..

But I have 3 Harleys,

2007 Road King Classic (for when I want to ride comfotable)

and since I bought the 2009 CVO Springer Softail ...

http://thecarlylefamily.com/images/motorcycles/bikes.jpg

Just don't need 2 bar bikes....

If this is what you eventually intend on doing, buy an 07/08 GSXR1k. Why you ask? It has been proven time and time again to be one of the best platforms for drag racing. Plus you can have Troy make it a monster (i.e. he has built tons and tons of drag bikes, including several that have won big series championships)

When Anthony's bike is completed I would seriously suggest checking his out and seeing the level of detail put into it and even Anthony will tell you he doesn't have a ton in it at all and it will be a sub 8 bike.

Don't buy a CBR they explode in drag racing. There is a reason people don't use them for that. I have seen some fast R1's and some fast ZX10's but you can't beat the amount/availability of parts for the GSXR.

Hope this helps and makes the decision process easier.

So, who has the GSXR's new... so i can go look at them?

I believe my dad still has a couple 09 gsxr's and which there is an incentive on currently, as well as he has some new cbr's as well...

http://www.hondasuzukiofjackson.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=7427888&Brand=35&Type=1787&fm=1

Shop is about 1.5 hrs south of Columbus

Well, thanks for the insight guys...

For those of you that know me, I'm not all that patient and when I want something, I want it now! So....

I was at Iron Pony today and found a deal I couldn't pass up. So this has been added to my stable.

http://thecarlylefamily.com/images/motorcycles/new%20r1%202.jpg

http://thecarlylefamily.com/images/motorcycles/new%20r1.jpg

Yeah I traded in my Rocker and got a brand new R1, a brand new Dirt Bike and some money back to boot!

You think this bike will hold it's value like that?

No.... but, if you like it, that is all that matters. There is a reason all Honda Dealerships have HD's out front ;)

KillJoy