Need new tires by Thursday night help.

SpaceGhost

Well my mich pilot sport a/s are toast. I'm driving south of DC on Friday. What should I get for the STI? You Tire guys can PM prices if you like, I would appreciate it.

I kinda want to try out the Bridgestone potenza re-11. Can any one get those on my car by Thursday? Tire rack has them for 188 a tire.

I'm not set on those though post some good tires. I was maybe thinking of getting another set of all seasons, can't decide. The re-11 are expensive considering come October I will have to get another set of rims and winter tires.

Help please, I'm a mess.

225/45/17

Edited by Benjamin

decide whether you want all seasons, longer lasting summer only, super sticky fast wearing summers like the re-11. then call 232-8881, ask for Derek.

My schedule is a little wacky this week though. I'm in mon, wed, and thurs from 630-4pm

I chose to go with A/S vs Summer only. I have a dedicated winter set but in the end, I'm going to be using my car as a DD including miles for work so I didn't want to burn through a set of summer only in one season. Besides in Cbus, I'll likely be able to keep the A/S tires on a few months longer where on my summer only, they weren't good below 40 degrees, thus had to come off in Oct./Nov.

I sacrificed a little handling for longer life, quieter tires overall and a little nicer ride....although the MS3 is still an extremely firm ride. Ask yourself what mileage you'll be putting on this year and if you feel the budget is there to handle two sets of tires for the next couple years.

we've been happy with our dunlop direzza star specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

nice and grippy...they've see a few track days and they were cheap for performance summer tires

for all seasons, we got these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS and they went out on mid-ohio in the rain and did quite well

we've been happy with our dunlop direzza star specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

nice and grippy...they've see a few track days and they were cheap for performance summer tires

for all seasons, we got these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS and they went out on mid-ohio in the rain and did quite well

I was looking at those also, I have had some bad Dunlops in the past which makes me question them. I like my RE070s that came with the car. The RE-11 seem to be better and cheaper. I got 3 summers out of my RE070s, and they were tracked on Road America and a drag event where I hot lapped and did like 20 or more passes.

For the conti did they ever flat spot over night, I had some All season Conti extreme contacts on my 02 WRX and man every morning for the first 5 miles it was annoying. Thump thump thump.

hmm...it's my fiance's car...i don't remember him saying they flat spotted, but i'm not sure about that...we just got them towards the end of winter...i'll have to ask him when he gets home, but i know you're in a hurry for tires

we decided to go with the dunlops because he noticed that a lot of winners in scca had been running these tires...

is your sti your dd? we try to not run the dunlops in the rain because they seemed to want to hydroplane a little...we had the tires all last year and the car only went on on nice days, but now with two sets of tires, we can switch between them

hmm...it's my fiance's car...i don't remember him saying they flat spotted, but i'm not sure about that...we just got them towards the end of winter...i'll have to ask him when he gets home, but i know you're in a hurry for tires

we decided to go with the dunlops because he noticed that a lot of winners in scca had been running these tires...

is your sti your dd? we try to not run the dunlops in the rain because they seemed to want to hydroplane a little...we had the tires all last year and the car only went on on nice days, but now with two sets of tires, we can switch between them

yes my STI is my DD, that is why it is going to VA. :)

I ordered the RE-11s from tire rack to ship to NTB, thanks Derek for telling me I could do that. Didn't know I could. I had to make a decision, running out of time. Derek I ordered them fedEx 2nd day so that you would get them Wednesday (it was $11 more, meh). I am off that day, I'll pm you my number, let me know what time to come in on Wednesday. Or if you want I can schedule an Appointment. Let me know.

you certainly wont be disappointed with the bridgestones. I'm starting to find that certain manufactures dont want "everyone" to sell their tires.. for instance I tried to order some dunlop star specs from dunlop the other day, and they told me tire rack was the only retailer of them now... i usually can get bridgestones with no problems, but of my 3 local retailers, no one had them. I would've beat tire rack's price, but they wouldn't have come in for a week.

I'll call you as soon as they arrive Ben.

you certainly wont be disappointed with the bridgestones. I'm starting to find that certain manufactures dont want "everyone" to sell their tires.. for instance I tried to order some dunlop star specs from dunlop the other day, and they told me tire rack was the only retailer of them now... i usually can get bridgestones with no problems, but of my 3 local retailers, no one had them. I would've beat tire rack's price, but they wouldn't have come in for a week.

I'll call you as soon as they arrive Ben.

I know you could have beat the price, I should have stated that earlier in here, my issue is my fronts are bald and the rear are not much better. I am driving 500 miles starting in the evening Fri. If something happened on the trip down there, nothing would be open and we would miss out on the event we are attending. I should have taken care of this earlier.

Thanks Derek.

Just a note I know I only have 100 miles so far on these tires (Bridgestone Potenza RE-11). But holy shit do they stick. Best tires I have ever purchased so far for any car. We will see after I put 1000+ miles on them this weekend how they hold up on a long trip.