S10 stripes - 80's or not-so-bad

nurkvinny

1980s or No?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. 1980s or No?

• Rad in the 80's
    • Fit in today

I am finally going to get the cowl hood painted, and am toying with the idea of getting the whole truck black. Currently, there is airbrushing on the sides and tailgate. The airbrushing wasn't cheap in its day, I've just been a one solid color type of guy. So, do these graphics scream 1980's to you???

Edit - the white/gray line is the reflection of the road behind the camera.

http://nurkvinny.com/images/Vehicles/Trucks/1985_S10/space04med.jpg

Yeah...but so does the truck. Isn't it 1980's era? I don't know trucks so I'm probably wrong, but either way I think its clean looking and would rather see the money go towards more speed/other enjoyment, rather than just repainting it black to get rid of a couple stripes.
  • Confused 1

Yeah...but so does the truck. Isn't it 1980's era? I don't know trucks so I'm probably wrong, but either way I think its clean looking and would rather see the money go towards more speed/other enjoyment, rather than just repainting it black to get rid of a couple stripes.

It reminds me of this...

http://nationalbasketblogassociation.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/reebok-logo.gif

Definitely an 80's look. I'd have it repainted, but if you don't feel like blowing money on a new paint job I wouldn't worry about it

It reminds me of this...

http://nationalbasketblogassociation.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/reebok-logo.gif

Ha, can't believe I never thought of that. Seriously :)

What makes it tough for me is that it is still the original paint and is in awesome shape for 25 years old.

Not a fan, but leave them on.

I've seen your truck in person and it's cherry. Why spend money/time to get a good paint job redone? Don't fuck with it. In 10-15 years, your kids will think dad's "retro" truck is the coolest thing ever. :)

...at least, that's what I'm hoping with my C4 Corvette: keep it long enough that it's cool all over again. :D

Do they look a bit 80's pro street, yes. Does the truck look bad fuck to the no! I thought the whole pro street look was coming back?

If you don't have anything else that is in dire need to get done and it would make you happy remove them.

That paint on it looks great everytime I have seen it so it would not be the big of a deal to leave it.

In the end if it does not make it go faster or stop better do you need it?

Id leave it, its retro and different. not to mention how many s-10's have you seen that even comes close to yours with original pain? i would paint the hood to match and maybe even continue the stripe design over onto the hood as well.

I would leave it. I think the style is old enough that it is coming back. That paint looks to be in great shape. Why mess with it? You could spend a few grand to repaint it, then it might bubble or peel in a few. Something nostalgic about the airbrushing.

Id leave it, its retro and different. not to mention how many s-10's have you seen that even comes close to yours with original pain? i would paint the hood to match and maybe even continue the stripe design over onto the hood as well.

^^ I like that idea.

Paint the hood and maybe do some stripe work on the hood.

Anyways... double.

Vince, was the airbrush cleared over?

I stood in your garage and looked at your truck but never payed too close attention.

Yes, it is cleared over. You would actually *probably* recognize the artist if I could remember the guy's name. Very big into rods and customs still to this day.

I expected a much more lop-sided poll. :)