Lets play a game called whos liable.

AWW$HEEET

Girlfriend works part time for the 2010 Census, going door to door arguing with idiots about why they didnt send in their form. (Most of them are shady assholes and illegals, so if you didnt send in your form, you fall into this grouping, congrats.) Anyway, shes wearing a Tiffany's bracelet I got her. At a house, a dog jumps on her and rips it in half.

Who should pay for this, the home owners of these people or the federal government? Her bosses boss asked why was she wearing this bracelet in the first place, but hes an asshole and doesnt count. I feel like she can wear whatever the fuck she wants.

Shoulda called the cops and said the dog aggressively approached her and the owners failed to control it. She's liable now imo. If her boss wanted to cover it he'd be doing her a favor, not really his problem or liability. Least until there was an official police report or something

Girlfriend works part time for the 2010 Census, going door to door arguing with idiots about why they didnt send in their form. (Most of them are shady assholes and illegals, so if you didnt send in your form, you fall into this grouping, congrats.) Anyway, shes wearing a Tiffany's bracelet I got her. At a house, a dog jumps on her and rips it in half.

Who should pay for this, the home owners of these people or the federal government? Her bosses boss asked why was she wearing this bracelet in the first place, but hes an asshole and doesnt count. I feel like she can wear whatever the fuck she wants.

She would be liable... maybe thehomeowner but goodluck with that..

Why is she doing the census stuff if she's going door to door? I'm sure there's better things she can be doing door to door... :lol:

I would almost say the people that let her into their home. I am surprised that they did not offer to get it fixed as they could get sued over it.. Medallion CC neighborhood is not a poor area. Did she get hurt? Are you Sure she didn't get hurt??????:D How much is it worth besides it being a gift from you? It may not pay to persue it if you are not talking about big $$$$. GL

In most instances, the owner is financially liable for any personal injury or property damage their pets cause. However, you'd have to prove the damage occurred because the dog owner was unreasonably careless (negligent) in controlling the dog. An example would be if the dog bolted out of the door.

However, if she entered the home knowingly while the dog was loose and the dog simply jumped up as lots of dogs do, and damaged the braclet, I'd say she should just suck it up and learn from it. Her employer is no way liable.

Perhaps worth a call to the police, but now that time has past, etc...she may not have much of a leg to go on.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Why was she wearing a Tiffany's Bracelet going to "shady assholes and illegals"'s residences?

:wtf:

KillJoy

This...

I'd have to go with not wearing something like that for that kind of job in the first place but, I guess the owner of the home/dog would be liable.

And this...

In most instances, the owner is financially liable for any personal injury or property damage their pets cause. However, you'd have to prove the damage occurred because the dog owner was unreasonably careless (negligent) in controlling the dog. An example would be if the dog bolted out of the door.

However, if she entered the home knowingly while the dog was loose and the dog simply jumped up as lots of dogs do, and damaged the braclet, I'd say she should just suck it up and learn from it. Her employer is no way liable.

Perhaps worth a call to the police, but now that time has past, etc...she may not have much of a leg to go on.

And this...

I'd also like to add that some of you are f'n pricks and bigots. Really, I know, no, I hope that some of you are joking. But to advise people to milk the situation and sue, etc. is fucking ridiculous over something that quite obviously seems like an accident. Personally, I would just suck it the fuck up, quit trying to blame the world for a damn accident and take care of it myself.

I was doing a job at a customer's house one time and their doberman chewed my damn cell phone up. Did I blame my boss? Did I blame the owners? No and no. Fuck me... :nono: The only way I would blame the owners is if she was standing outside the door and the dog jumped on her. Otherwise, tell her ass she made a mistake and please reread the first two posts I quoted. They said it nicer than I will.

Why was she wearing a Tiffany's Bracelet going to "shady assholes and illegals"'s residences?

:wtf:

KillJoy

That's my exact thought. What the fuck was she thinking? She should be thankful she didn't get mugged, and the bracelet stolen.

But to advise people to milk the situation and sue, etc. is fucking ridiculous over something that quite obviously seems like an accident. Personally, I would just suck it the fuck up, quit trying to blame the world for a damn accident and take care of it myself.

+1. Everyone bitches about how lawsuits and lawyers have made us all pussies but when it comes time to practice what we preach it's all, "Well it's not MY fault, and where's mine?" Shit happens in life, and the best course of action is always to suck it up and move on.

• Upvote 1

This...

And this...

And this...

I'd also like to add that some of you are f'n pricks and bigots. Really, I know, no, I hope that some of you are joking. But to advise people to milk the situation and sue, etc. is fucking ridiculous over something that quite obviously seems like an accident. Personally, I would just suck it the fuck up, quit trying to blame the world for a damn accident and take care of it myself.

I was doing a job at a customer's house one time and their doberman chewed my damn cell phone up. Did I blame my boss? Did I blame the owners? No and no. Fuck me... :nono: The only way I would blame the owners is if she was standing outside the door and the dog jumped on her. Otherwise, tell her ass she made a mistake and please reread the first two posts I quoted. They said it nicer than I will.

+1

the new american way---blame someone else, and profit.

With a job like that, my question is why was she in the vicinity of the dog? Does her job require her to enter the house?

As a dog owner, whenever someone comes to the door (and I actually answer) I do my best to get outside and close the door without allowing the dogs to follow. That way the person that knocked would have no chance of the dogs getting to them, and also keeps them from seeing whats in my house in case they have shady intentions.

I would recommend that she never pass through anyone's front door for any reason (unless she is actually required to) and get insurance on anything of value. In the mean time, chalk this up a fuckup. Who knows, maybe the bracelet can be fixed.

Guest tbutera2112
i heard that census takers should never enter houses.... that article about the fake census person who entered that couples house and killed the guy, says in the article that no census worker will ask to enter the house..