Hello New Friend.

Mr. Jones

Not really my taste, but I am sure you love it to no end. You are brand loyal and there is something to be said about that!

It honestly has nothing to do with loyalty. The cars sell you, not the badge.

I havent bought a non VW/Audi since my first Audi in 2005. I always drove dozens of cars each time I bought a new car. No loyalty to a brand, I will buy the car I like. It just so happens each time, the VW/Audi products win out.

I think jones has a similar view as well.

It honestly has nothing to do with loyalty. The cars sell you, not the badge.

I havent bought a non VW/Audi since my first Audi in 2005. I always drove dozens of cars each time I bought a new car. No loyalty to a brand, I will buy the car I like. It just so happens each time, the VW/Audi products win out.

I think jones has a similar view as well.

I understand what you're saying. I've stuck with brands in the past because I have liked the products, then moved on when they've not worked out for me. I was just mentioning it was good that the brand was able to keep him loyal.

As well as an 03 S8 and 07 Q7. :rolleyes:

Not nearly as much.

Autotrader only has 2 S8's for sale within 500 miles of here, one in the upper teens with nearly 100k on the clock, the other 22k with 45,000 on the clock. Overall, the value would be worth a little more than a B7 A4.

A 07 Q7 3.6 Premium can be had for the lower 30k range. Cheapest 2008 S5 I could find nationwide on Autotrader was 42k, and within reasonable driving distance from here, about 45k.

Much bigger price differences overall. Don't get me wrong, I would never trade an S8 for a Q7, but the S5 would likely be a budget buster. (and yes, prices can be different than Autotrader, but it's the quick/easy check).

Now you could get a Porsche Cayenne for similar money age/miles...I'd take that over a Q7......