1.7 Million Maytag Dishwashers Are Waiting To Burn Down Your House

87GT

my dishwasher had a recall on it for the same thing. They give me the option for a repair man to fix it for free or $70 towards another one.

I pocketed the cash! Waiting for the house to go up in smoke!

In fact.. Maytag is one of the best appliance brands out there in terms of reputation.. thats why we steered away from GE and LG (i hear terrible things about LG and I heard that GE is basically just a brand name anymore rather than a quality product like they used to make)... I also was surprised, I thought LG made great sutff... apparently they dont ride so high in terms of appliances.

while i am glad i dont own those.. and love my bosche, dont ever try to get a repairman for one.. there are only 2 in columbus who know how to fix em.. lol

I to have a Bosche, the germans do it best. :)

I own one of them :(

Already called and a tech is coming next week to fix it. Already had to have it fixed 2 months ago. Just bought in in June of last year when we remodeled our kitchen. Have vowed never again to buy an Amana/Maytag dishwasher after owning this one.

I own a Maytag, purchased it in Fall 2007, never had an issue with it but will have to wait until I get home to check if its on the recall list. Hmm. Thanks for the heads up.

In fact.. Maytag is one of the best appliance brands out there in terms of reputation.. thats why we steered away from GE and LG (i hear terrible things about LG and I heard that GE is basically just a brand name anymore rather than a quality product like they used to make)... I also was surprised, I thought LG made great sutff... apparently they dont ride so high in terms of appliances.

We actually bought an LG at first when we bought our last dishwasher and it had a problem within just a few weeks of buying it. Returned it and got a Maytag. Hope it burns this mother to the ground.

According to a Consumer Report book I got a short while back, Maytag quality had declined. I guess this is a prime example. At least, if my memory serves me. I'll check...

Ok. They're pretty mixed, however, if you've bought a Bosch or Kenmore, pat yourself on the back. You've probably bought an excellent dishwasher. There are a couple others near the top, but only certain models. Bosch and Kenmore dominate, though. Maytag dominates, too... The bottom of the list. :D

According to a Consumer Report book I got a short while back, Maytag quality had declined. I guess this is a prime example. At least, if my memory serves me. I'll check...

Ok. They're pretty mixed, however, if you've bought a Bosch or Kenmore, pat yourself on the back. You've probably bought an excellent dishwasher. There are a couple others near the top, but only certain models. Bosch and Kenmore dominate, though. Maytag dominates, too... The bottom of the list. :D

we've had bad luck with dishwashers. the one that came with our home was a GE. replaced it while remoding the kitchen a bit and I regret doing so. The Kenmore was the worse and eventually failed. Now we own one of these very Maytags and it too has really not been great. Not sure what we're going to get now. I'll be damned if I'm paying near a $1k for a fucking dishwasher though.

I will never own a Frigidaire dishwasher. The one my wife bought for when we had the condo was aweful...you'd basically have to have nearly clean dishes in there for it to do anything.

We bought a Whirlpool Gold for the new house, and have been pretty happy with it.

we've had bad luck with dishwashers. the one that came with our home was a GE. replaced it while remoding the kitchen a bit and I regret doing so. The Kenmore was the worse and eventually failed. Now we own one of these very Maytags and it too has really not been great. Not sure what we're going to get now. I'll be damned if I'm paying near a $1k for a fucking dishwasher though.

Let me know your price range and I'll list any decent ones or 2010 CR Best Buys that fall within that. FYI, CR's best tested dishwasher still only scored an 83 out of 100.