40mpg six-speed turbo sedan for $19k?

zeitgeist57

No. Especially knowing my MS3 GT only cost me $23k. 1.x liter turbo? That's like bragging about a 4" Dick.

I don't think performance is the point of the turbo here.

You're going to start seeing more and more small displacement turbocharged engines in the future. The idea is that you get small displacement mileage, with enough "oomph" to merge into highway traffic.

OP: It's interesting. If I wasn't so opposed to FWD, I'd consider giving it a test drive. But that's only because I have fun cars to play with. If it were my only car, I wouldn't look twice at it.

The turbo on that car is the only thing that separates it from a golfcart. Turbos aren't a free ticket to an awesome car.

?? you really think it's that bad?

The Cruze is a decent size car (bigger than the Cobalt), it has a pretty decent interior, doesn't look half-bad, gets the top crash safety ratings, and gets 40 mpg. What other car this size gets 40 mpg and what does it cost.

Would I consider a Cruze Eco as a daily? Sure. I'd be more apt to step up to the RS model, but if I found the seats comfortable I would definitely consider it.

The Cruze is a decent size car (bigger than the Cobalt), it has a pretty decent interior, doesn't look half-bad, gets the top crash safety ratings, and gets 40 mpg. What other car this size gets 40 mpg and what does it cost.

Would I consider a Cruze Eco as a daily? Sure. I'd be more apt to step up to the RS model, but if I found the seats comfortable I would definitely consider it.

I'm with you on this, plus take it and get it tuned, and I'll bet it would run pretty damn good and still get 40 mpg highway.

I also applaud this vehicle, glad we are getting some "Euro Thinking" Vehicles over here finally. But won't be happy until I see some nice diesel sedans.

Livable Car, 40mpg = WIN

Honestly, I think you'll see HCCI and ethanol injection before you see widespread passenger car diesel applications.

I never said it was bad, but people were getting rock hard because it has a stock turbo. That car doesn't have a turbo because it is mad tyte fast and furious. It has one for efficiency and to add some power. Econoboxes make use of turbos for a different reason. My comment revolves around people think turbos make any car fast, I never said there was anything wrong with the cruze.

I think the Cruze and the new Fiesta are great. Like jones said, its about damn time we got some european economy cars over here.

Diesel Passenger Dailys FTMFW.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/CincinnatiFiero/300D/DSCN5119.jpg

BTW My car has a T3 running 14psi, suck it... everyone N/A. (lulz)