New to columbus

noia_05

Hello all,

just recently moved to hilliard from marysville, found this site and wanted to join because i'm sick and tired of being bored and it seems like a good place to find the local happenings. But i'm sure your not all interested in my life's story so, my car

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy214/noia_05/Picture019.jpg

Its a 2005 pontiac gto 6-spd. Bought it with 19,000 miles and had to drive to chattanooga tenesse to get her, but it was well worth it. 400+hp and 23-28 mpg

I've had it for almost two years now and so far its got a magnaflow catback on it, k&n cold air kit, predator tune, drag bags,hurst shifter,and i did my own port and polish work to the intake and throttle body. Have a slp pulley, cam and springs ready to go in, just kinda ran out of money to finish and be able to afford the tune for it.

I've also done a few touches to the exterior, picture doesn't show, need to take some newer ones. Painted all grey mesh peices and bumper inserts black and blacked out the arrow heads.

I've been out to national trails with it a few times, best time of 13.26 normally stays in 13.40 range when im able to launch it good

going to be taking it to mid ohio this weekend, will get to be on the track, but only for a parrade lap, still excited anyways.......would love to actually drive it out there some day.....

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

hey!

to answer you all back.....

nope, not in the westerville area, stay around hilliard for the most part....

trap speeds, around 102 - 105mph if i remember right, havn't been out this year at all.....

driver mod needed? definatly, sorry but i will admit it!

last year was the first year i ever drove a car down the drag strip, and the first one i've had that had enough power to teach me about wheelhop!

Not to mention the fact i've got some real high quality khumo tires on there! would love to try out some nice drag radials and see what those are all about!

So are there any other gto's out there headed to mid-ohio this weekend?

I drove a goat down t he track once was an awful expierence, jus hard to launch and get off the line. I think I'm a decent driver. All my cars are consistent and above avg, when running. I bet its quick from a roll though

Welcome! Mid Ohio is a blast. If you want to do track time there look up NASA Great Lakes. It is $360 for a weekend or $180 for a Friday. Next one is at the end of July and I will be going ( 80% sure). Some others here go too, what a blast.

goats are around 3750lbs, not anywhere near 4000. my '05 6-speed dynoed at 344rwhp with a catback and K&N intake. then 375rwhp with a dyno tune. definitely a bit overrated from the factory (at least mine may have been), but who gives a fuck.

op, try some nitto 275's. they fit the stock rims perfectly, and can be driven daily.

op, try some nitto 275's. they fit the stock rims perfectly, and can be driven daily.

Usin 275/40/17s on my rear and 245/45/17 on the fronts and i love em. Im runnin the Nitto 555's street tire, not the R's because of treadwear rating. Can't afford 600$ in tires every 10-15k miles with 100 tread wear rating or whatever. The 555's have been good to me so far though. Maybe 3k miles.