firing squad

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-17/ronnie-lee-gardner-utah-execution-by-firing-squad/

this is the way this shit needs to be done all the time....talk about cost savings!!

5 officers with rifles, 4 live rounds and 1 blank (assuming for peace of mind for the officers, not knowing who had the blank), and a target over the guys heart

fuck that expensive lethal injection shit...im totally for this.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-17/ronnie-lee-gardner-utah-execution-by-firing-squad/

this is the way this shit needs to be done all the time....talk about cost savings!!

5 officers with rifles, 4 live rounds and 1 blank (assuming for peace of mind for the officers, not knowing who had the blank), and a target over the guys heart

Did you notice the other error, ?

" On death row since 1985" So we've been paying his room/board/food for 25 years?

Should have put some steel in him back in 85.

Guest tbutera2112
Does he deserve the death penalty.... Yes

Should it have happened 25 years ago.... Yes

Two and a half decades later should 5 random officers be asked to put a slug in his chest..... I don't know about that.

why? lethal injection is instant death... getting shot in the heart 4 times is instant death...one is cheaper than the other....what does it matter? fuck that guy or his feelings, shit, he requested it. i think it should be the standard.... no more pussifying the death penalty.... shoot those bastards and leave a nice splatter mark on the wall....

they should do all the executions against the same wall and never clean it...then when they bring inmates in to be executed, they see the blood all over the wall from all those before them, and panic...

they should let me run this shit, ide line 'em all up and have 'em all dealt with...no more 25yrs of waiting for a little IV tap in your wrist to do you in

Killing this man will do nothing for anybody, I'll go against the grain and say I think they should let him work with kids going down the same path as him.

I'm with you... I've always been against the death penalty.

sorry broseph but the expense isnt with the method of killing or even the housing/food/health care. It is with the endless appeals and lawyers inmates on death row utilize. "if you can not afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you"...for the 20 plus years you're rotting on death row.

for or against the death penalty in what ever fashion, if you are going to do it you should bussacap/fry/shoot up the bastard 30days from conviction.

Killing this man will do nothing for anybody, I'll go against the grain and say I think they should let him work with kids going down the same path as him.

not me. Like rabid dog we need to put down way more criminals than we do. They are absolutely not with any time or efforts or money. End them and be done with it. No one will miss them.

why? lethal injection is instant death... getting shot in the heart 4 times is instant death...one is cheaper than the other....what does it matter? fuck that guy or his feelings, shit, he requested it. i think it should be the standard.... no more pussifying the death penalty.... shoot those bastards and leave a nice splatter mark on the wall....

they should do all the executions against the same wall and never clean it...then when they bring inmates in to be executed, they see the blood all over the wall from all those before them, and panic...

they should let me run this shit, ide line 'em all up and have 'em all dealt with...no more 25yrs of waiting for a little IV tap in your wrist to do you in

Im almost positive that they inject you with a sedative to put you out before injecting you with the solution that stops your heart. Because of this lethal injection is 'better' way to go out. Being shot in the heart 4 times will hurt and yes kill you but i think you'd live for a few short seconds after the initial shot which would make you suffer even more.

Im almost positive that they inject you with a sedative to put you out before injecting you with the solution that stops your heart. Because of this lethal injection is 'better' way to go out. Being shot in the heart 4 times will hurt and yes kill you but i think you'd live for a few short seconds after the initial shot which would make you suffer even more.

There are questions of whether or not the 3 dose system works

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/dec07/071215a.asp

I'm more worried about what the people shooting him may end up going through from a psychological stand point later in life. Either they enjoy killing criminals in the name of justice, or they are just trying to do their job. That could definitely lead to some mental issues that surface later on.

I'm more worried about what the people shooting him may end up going through from a psychological stand point later in life. Either they enjoy killing criminals in the name of justice, or they are just trying to do their job. That could definitely lead to some mental issues that surface later on.

That is a possibility, but I don't think there's any shortage of patriotic, gung-ho criminal killers out there to do the job. How do you suppose the benefits are?

why not go for a head shot? that'd be more instant than a heart shot.

Bigger mess with a head shot? Remember the kid they accidentally shot in the face in Pulp Fiction? Skull fragments everywhere...it was a mess.

Guest tbutera2112

thats why theres 5 officers and 4 guns...that way they never actually know if theyre the one who had the blank...that way each officer can pretend that they had a blank and blame his death on the other guys

plus, im sure theres plenty of officers out there who would volunteer to execute criminals and not give a damn about it either way lol

thats why theres 5 officers and 4 guns...that way they never actually know if theyre the one who had the blank...that way each officer can pretend that they had a blank and blame his death on the other guys

I thought it was 5 guns with 4 live rounds and a blank.

Anyways, IMO, to say they're scum and won't be missed is a generalized stereotypical statement. While there are cases of killers with no remorse others are full of regret and still have families and friends that care deeply about them.

I also feel that our country handles this in the most pussified way. If someone IS convicted and they ARE to be put to death we don't need to wait decades and waste time, space, and money. In other countries the punishment USUALLY fits the crime. Not all, but some.

(GRAPHIC)

I once saw a video that was circulating about 4-5 years ago. A man somewhere in the middle east, previously accused of raping little boys, was literally caught raping a preteen boy. His punishment? Taken to the middle of town, getting a sharpened 12 ft (or so) stake shoved up his ass, and they stood it on end as he slid down and it exited through his left shoulder. All while he was still alive. Human shish-kabob. He didn't put his pole anywhere else and I'll bet someone else who thought about raping little kids thought twice.

Is this necessarily the BEST answer? I don't know. I just PERSONALLY feel that some people commit crimes in this country with the beliefs that they will "get off easy". Granted, life in prison isn't "easy" and is hard on their fams, it's much less threatening than being shish-kabob'd in front of the whole country. Some people literally "ain't afraid to go back" and continue to commit crimes once out on bail or even if released years later.

I dunno. Just my thoughts.

I used to be a "hang'em high at noon" kind of guy. After seeing what really happens behind the scenes in death row cases, I changed my mind.

The death penalty in the United States is a system filled with a bunch of people trying to make names for themselves. Capital cases make judges and prosecutors look tough on crime. The cases make the defense attorney look like someone trying to save a person in a burning building. All the while, truth and justice suffer.

In my cousins case, there was a judge and prosecutor that was up for reelection in a small Arizona county. The Judge had a homosexual son, and had writings telling his son "he hoped he would die with the rest of his faggot friends" (yes, my cousin is gay). The public defender had never worked on a capital punishment case, and was a real estate/probate attorney. IIRC the defense was given $500 by the state for a private investigator. In Arizona, you don't have to kill someone to be on death row. In my cousins case, he was with a guy that killed someone. The kid that shot two people, got 25 to life and my cousin got death row because he was older. The stories go on and on.

There are many on death row that are scum bags, I agree. There are also many that are innocent of the crimes also. Since 1976 when the supreme court reinstated the death penalty over 900 death row inmates have been free'ed because they have been proven innocent on appeals.

The effect on the families on both sides of the cases is tremendous. My cousins case cost my aunt and uncle hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all of there retirement years fighting for my cousin.

In my cousins case, there was a judge and prosecutor that was up for reelection in a small Arizona county. The Judge had a homosexual son, and had writings telling his son "he hoped he would die with the rest of his faggot friends" (yes, my cousin is gay). The public defender had never worked on a capital punishment case, and was a real estate/probate attorney. IIRC the defense was given $500 by the state for a private investigator. In Arizona, you don't have to kill someone to be on death row. In my cousins case, he was with a guy that killed someone. The kid that shot two people, got 25 to life and my cousin got death row because he was older. The stories go on and on.

There are many on death row that are scum bags, I agree. There are also many that are innocent of the crimes also. Since 1976 when the supreme court reinstated the death penalty over 900 death row inmates have been free'ed because they have been proven innocent on appeals.

The effect on the families on both sides of the cases is tremendous. My cousins case cost my aunt and uncle hundreds of thousands of dollars, and all of there retirement years fighting for my cousin.

That sucks man. Sorry. I mean, maybe your cousin made a poor choice being with that person but from what I am gathering it sounds like this is def a case where the punishment didn't fit the crime at all.

That sucks man. Sorry. I mean, maybe your cousin made a poor choice being with that person but from what I am gathering it sounds like this is def a case where the punishment didn't fit the crime at all.

Thanks....

I am not saying he does not deserve to be in jail. He just did not deserve death row.

The whole 4 live, 1 blank round system doesn't really work because of recoil.

Having said that, the state killing a man on a is abhorrent no matter what the method.

Except when you are nervous and your adrenaline is pumping you don't notice recoil, just like hunting.

Hell even shooting sporting clays you notice less recoil than when you are standing there patterning your gun.