Racing at Beaver Run (Who doesn't like a Beaver)

Xyster101

Went to Beaver Run this weekend with NASA for a track weekend. Had a great time. If you are not into drag racing, take your car to a NASA event. They give you instructions, have some classroom time, and there are lots of awesome people who will take you for rides while you wait. You get 80 minutes of track time a day, beats Auto cross. Next one is at Mid Ohio end of July. Here I am keeping up with a Boxster while running my MR2 super rich (8.7 with 170hp). I need some tuning still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Etz_d9q-M

A nice over steer around 3:30.

Awesome video, Max! When I had my 'Vette out last April, I was taking too much speed on the last 180* turn and slid towards the inside wall. Nearly shit myself.

I've done dozens of laps at BeaveRun and you had really smooth lines and transitions from turn to turn. Well done.

Micheal,

I saw that video and you have a great camera set up! I want it, but too much coin for me to afford. What group are hitting Mid Ohio with? I will be going with NASA at the end of July.

Clay,

thanks for the warm words. That track is easy to learn as you can get a lot of laps in (took me 1:18 per lap), BUT it is a very technical track and hard to master. If you are off line a little and not ready, things get ugly fast. There were a lot of offs and one guy slammed a wall destroying the front of his pristine 97' M3. I drifted on that last hair pin 180 turn twice and the walls are close to the track. Get that vette running!