iPhone folks - I want to get a new case. Suggestions?

Nitrousbird

I am currently sporting an Otterbox Impact case on my 3GS. It's decent, but after a couple months, is starting to tear at the screen corner.

I'm happy with the protection it provides, but want something different - preferably with less rubber.

I've read some good things about the Spek Candy Shell. I have a Body Glove snap-on case for my Blackberry Tour that I like a lot, and it would also be sufficient.

Any good suggestions? I keep my phones in my pocket, so belt-clip designs are a no-go.

I'm currently rocking a smoked gel case that I picked up from AT&T for like $20. Go to a AT&T store. They have a good selection.

That's where I got my Otterbox (they gave us $100 in accessories for free).

I thought most of their cases were garbage. The Otterbox was the best of what they had.

Saw the spek candy shell in white at the apple store today, looked nice.

That's what I plan to get when I can find one in stock in black. They're just a tiny bit thicker than I'd like, but they seem to offer good protection.

Edit:

On a related note, has anyone tried out the "Bumper" from Apple? I like that it's low profile and looks nice, but it just doesn't seem like it would offer much protection.

Edited by twistedfocus

I was using a CapsuleRebel M case from Switcheasy for my 3G. It was sexy.

+1 for the Rebel M. The rear "Menace" spine makes it's a little more stable in your hand. Your fingers kind of grip the spine. Still slick enough to slide into your pocket etc... Excellent button access.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleRebelM/productwindow/black/b.jpg

+1 for the Rebel M. The rear "Menace" spine makes it's a little more stable in your hand. Your fingers kind of grip the spine. Still slick enough to slide into your pocket etc... Excellent button access.

Yeah, I keep checking their site everyday for iPhone cases and nothing.

am usging the speck case and it's perfect I love it

They gave a lifetime warr too

Go to apple they have alot of colors it's the only case I'll ever buy for this phone I drop mine all the time and my actual phone still looks and works like new

am usging the speck case and it's perfect I love it

They gave a lifetime warr too

Go to apple they have alot of colors it's the only case I'll ever buy for this phone I drop mine all the time and my actual phone still looks and works like new

Paul? Why are you posting under Eric's profile?

Ehh, I'm not digging the slider deal.

i just ordered an otterbox defender for $14 from amazon.com. might wanna look into a different flavor of otterbox?

I might consider this one, though it looks a bit bulky.

expensive...but unique and nice...

http://www.grovemade.com/

Hell no.

Saw that at AT&T - didn't like it.

All of those Carbon Fiber deals are the same - they offer no real protection where you need it - the front of the phone.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleRebelM/productwindow/black/b.jpg

This may be the winner...I will have to take a look at some more pics online. Any place locally sell it?

i have a carbon fiber case for my 3gs :) ill sell you mine for 30 bucks lol i am getting the iphone 4

• 6 months later...

TTT.

I was sporting the RebelM for a while.

I found the "spikes" on the back make it bulky without a purpose. A piece also cracked off the bottom - which is interesting since I never drop my phone or abuse it. Just goes in/out of my pocket.

Any new suggestions out there? I bought 3 different cases from Monoprice (they are uber cheap and I didn't change my shipping costs...nicer than you'd expect for $0.92). I'm sporting a clear one that was like $1.32, but I'm not liking it. Thinking about a metal case now. Suggestions?

No suggestions on a metal case... I finally broke down and got a case since my phone case back was starting to crack near the jack on the bottom. I never really wanted one, but figured I had to or I would have to replace the phone case soon.

I saw it at work, went to microcenter on the way home and just picked something out of what they have. I went with the Speck Candy Shell. It's a little thick, but I didn't notice that after a few days. It may not be any better or worse than other cases in this respect as I have no experience with other cases. The only real gripe i have about it is that it's very hard for someone with real size fingers and not long finger nails to turn the ringer switch off. Turning it on is fine, but off is a PITA. Other than that I like it so far.

Those bamboo cases look sweet, too bad they are only for the 4 and a little expensive. I might go $50, but $70 seems like a bit much for a case.

Joe most of the metal cases I have seen that are cool are pretty expensive, and I have read so many people say they degrade the signal.

I was thinking of buying this case, it's expensive though and many say their signal drops.

http://www.elementcase.com/images/colors.jpg

http://www.elementcase.com/iphone4.html

I ended up with the apple bumper.

Any metal you put around a radio object is going to degrade your signal. Hell I was at Quality Window Tint yesterday and they have a middle grade Tint that has metal in the tint, and they have a disclaimer that says it will interfere with cell phones and Bluetooth equipment. I ended up getting the top grade because of that. It's not phone model specific, it is just in general that metal interferes with radio frequencies.