Recommend good tire shine

wnaplay1647545503

Guest tbutera2112

meguiars grape jelly shit is awesome....it stays shiny and never turns brown...itll last you a few weeks even if its rains

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/arnoldjr/All%20For%20Sale/EnduranceHighGlossTireGel.jpg

if you wanna swing by sometime, i can give you some...i dont bother tire shining the tires on my truck, and now that the stang is gone ill never use the shit

Guest tbutera2112
I cant remember where you live. How much do you have left? Can it be picked up at advance auto?

i forget and im not at home...like half a bottle maybe a bit more

and yea it can be picked up at any auto store...its not too expensive

and this stuff is non foaming, it doesnt fling anywhere, it doesnt pick up dirt and shit....its hard to apply on tires with a lot of little lines in them or anything, its thick like a gel

http://www.autogeek.net/golclasenhig.html

Ive enjoyed this Armorall stuff so far... doesnt really fling off at all, and I like it better than the endurance as that stuff was too much... would start to get gunky on the tire, as I only use car soap to clean rims... wouldnt get it off between useages.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3308/large/7030049_arm_77960_pri_larg.jpg

This is what I used until I ran out but it didnt seem to last very long. Gives a decent shine.

After a few aplications, it seemed to last much longer, but I'm sure there's better stuff out there. It doesn't fling off up the side of the car though.

tire shine advances dry rot in tires... most people here will wear out tires/ trade off a car in 2 yrs, but the stuff murders tires.. dont ever plan on gettin 60k on themunless you drive that much in a couple years

tire shine advances dry rot in tires... most people here will wear out tires/ trade off a car in 2 yrs, but the stuff murders tires.. dont ever plan on gettin 60k on them unless you drive that much in a couple years

You know, this is what our tire reps told us, this is what a lot of shops say...

but, after 17 years of using it, I've had zero issues. The front runners on the truck are at least 10 years old now, and were Armorall'ed every time the truck was washed. Still look new. Same with the rears.

Dad's 92 Vette had original Goodyears on it until 2008. Shined every time it was washed, still had great sidewalls when they were finally replaced. I think otherwise well maintained vehicles are fine shining their rubbers.

meguiars grape jelly shit is awesome....it stays shiny and never turns brown...itll last you a few weeks even if its rains

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/arnoldjr/All%20For%20Sale/EnduranceHighGlossTireGel.jpg

That is what I have used for years.

tire shine advances dry rot in tires... most people here will wear out tires/ trade off a car in 2 yrs, but the stuff murders tires.. dont ever plan on gettin 60k on themunless you drive that much in a couple years

this, never use tire shine anymore.

this doesn't seem too far fetched

You know, this is what our tire reps told us, this is what a lot of shops say...

but, after 17 years of using it, I've had zero issues. The front runners on the truck are at least 10 years old now, and were Armorall'ed every time the truck was washed. Still look new. Same with the rears.

Dad's 92 Vette had original Goodyears on it until 2008. Shined every time it was washed, still had great sidewalls when they were finally replaced. I think otherwise well maintained vehicles are fine shining their rubbers.

but this is my experience too. Of course I've never bought cheap shit tires and tried to keep them forever either.

all i'm saying is if you want to come back at the tire manufacture about dry rot because your 80k mile tires are leaking outta the sidewalls don't use tire shine. I'm sure you aren't asking for any mileage rating out of skinnies or vette tires.