My dog has puffy white skin

87GT

I noticed last night my dog has puffy white skin around his eyes and his mouth. I have no clue why. We took him off innova puppy food and moved him to adult food a few days ago. Also last week we started him on Vector 3d (i think) flea and tick growth regulator. Same concept as front line.

I gave him a little bit of Benadryl he had from a previous Rx last night and a little more today. The puffy went away from around his mouth. His eye is not as bad as the picture below. He doesn't seem to notice it. He isn't scratching or pawing or crying at all.

Any ideas what this could be?

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9228/dozer.jpg

is it puffy, or is he losing hair around the eye?

If its puffy, it may be an infection.

Its its hair-loss from rubbing, could be allergies.. talk to vet before changing anything up, or you may REALLY not know what caused the puffiess

is it puffy, or is he losing hair around the eye?

If its puffy, it may be an infection.

Its its hair-loss from rubbing, could be allergies.. talk to vet before changing anything up, or you may REALLY not know what caused the puffiess

No hair loss it is just puffy.

The ingredients are a little different. He has been on innova puppy since he was done feeding off his mom. He is on adult little bites now.

http://www.innovapet.com/product_line.asp?id=1672

http://www.innovapet.com/product_line.asp?id=502

The ingredients are similar enough that i highly doubt it is that. The protien and carb sources are the same in both formulas. I really think its a reaction to the flea medicine. Is this the 1st topical flea treatment you have used?

The ingredients are similar enough that i highly doubt it is that. The protien and carb sources are the same in both formulas. I really think its a reaction to the flea medicine. Is this the 1st topical flea treatment you have used?

Yes first ever. It was just a real small amount on his skin between his shoulders. It is weird it took a few days to bother him but weirder things have happened.

The Dr. says it's probably just an allergy, give more benedryl over the weekend, and take it to the vet if it isn't better by monday.

Benedryl = 1mg per 1 lb up to twice a day, or whatever you are comfortable with under that.

Good think we have some generic benadryl. Hopefully, that's good to go.

As far as the flea prevention, did you use the oil drops onthe back? I cannot stand that shit nor do I ever suggest using it. It's been proven to cause many problems with many animals.

As far as the flea prevention, did you use the oil drops onthe back? I cannot stand that shit nor do I ever suggest using it. It's been proven to cause many problems with many animals.

Yeah its oil drops on the back

I have never researched it, and as my dogs have gotten older, i notice that my one dog has consistant dermatitas after a doseage of it, but i dont want fleas.. :( and it works.. so i am conflicted.

I have never researched it, and as my dogs have gotten older, i notice that my one dog has consistant dermatitas after a doseage of it, but i dont want fleas.. :( and it works.. so i am conflicted.

Then use sentinal heaetworm and flea preventative pill combo. Ask your vet about it.

And my fiancée was doubtful it was from the flea product because that isn't a common reaction and especially since there were positive results from benedryl

(And yes, we got engaged last weekends )