Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

V8 Beast

I'm not even going to get into the autoX vs dragracing BS. Hell I don't like drag racing, I just like burnouts and launching hard. I like going around corners and spirited driving too, but I haven't rushed out to dodge cones in a parking lot either. I like all kinds of cars, and can respect what they're built to do, but I don't knock what other people do for fun. Anyone who wants to talk shit about a certain type of motorsport is worthless fuck.

Of course if people start racing Prius' I'll be a worthless fuck.

I'm buying a prius for the next track day, just for you.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like ranting, here you go.

I'm not even going to get into the autoX vs dragracing BS. Hell I don't like drag racing, I just like burnouts and launching hard. I like going around corners and spirited driving too, but I haven't rushed out to dodge cones in a parking lot either. I like all kinds of cars, and can respect what they're built to do, but I don't knock what other people do for fun. Anyone who wants to talk shit about a certain type of motorsport is worthless fuck.

Of course if people start racing Prius' I'll be a worthless fuck.

I don't feel like getting into that either, but what I am saying is that if he is bored with one, at least try the other.

More of a "if your complaining that your bored with your car...expand your horizons"

If I was bored with going around corners, I would expect the drag guys to be right there encouraging me to give it a shot. There are just a lot of variables with turning that makes it difficult to get bored. It's just cheaper, if I got bored with the MR2, I would sell it and buy a Miata. Totally different handling characteristics, mods are cheap, totally different car. BAM new experience and level of fun.

I don't feel like getting into that either, but what I am saying is that if he is bored with one, at least try the other.

Well I can tell you I don't believe in racing a FWD, and since my Camaro isn't set-up for anything but cruising and going straight I can't go autocrossing. Someday I will, but not anytime soon.

It doesn't have to be setup for it...:p

This. Just come out, leave it in first gear, and have some fun. You will probably be all over the track, but don't worry about it, all the high hp RWD guys are. Theres nothing to hit but cones.

I don't think you know enough about my car to make that statement,

Well, unless you have modified it to the point of being unsafe to drive on public streets and around an average onramp, you'll be okay. On the other hand if you are saying you have so severely modified the car for drag racing, it would actually be unsafe, then you should really be faster down the 1/4. :p:p:p:p

Just sayin' lol. I drove this car for a guy I work with and his Dad. Needless to say it was not set up for this, automatic slap shift and all. It did pretty well for the car, got beat by a modern 6sp. SS by about a second and managed to beat 1 MK2 MR2 like mine.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z39/crossle_sean/camaro1.jpg

Well' date=' unless you have modified it to the point of being unsafe to drive on public streets and around an average onramp, you'll be okay. On the other hand if you are saying you have so severely modified the car for drag racing, it would actually be unsafe, then you should really be faster down the 1/4. :p:p:p:p[/quote']

How about my stalled auto overheating in the course of a lap. I didn't invest so much of my hard earned money on that expensive tranny to burn it up because it isn't meant for that. Why does this bother you so much anyway? I built the car to roll on the highway and go down the dragstrip, 2 things it does really well. I'm just hard to please, I just don't do things for the fuck of it. I do things because I think its fun. Nobody is going to talk me into autocrossing any of the cars I currently have.

How about my stalled auto overheating in the course of a lap. I didn't invest so much of my hard earned money on that expensive tranny to burn it up because it isn't meant for that. Why does this bother you so much anyway? I built the car to roll on the highway and go down the dragstrip, 2 things it does really well. I'm just hard to please, I just don't do things for the fuck of it. I do things because I think its fun. Nobody is going to talk me into autocrossing any of the cars I currently have.

Fair enough....you could co-pilot a car.

Cordell

Current Activity: Replying to Thread Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

Jesus, you typing a novel out there buster ?

Good thing you <3 f-bodys, because I just love me an Audi. They're only driven by the bestest fuckers ever.

Hugs ?

Hugs and kisses ?

Happy ending ?

ever notice that your avatar looks like he's trying to grab King Kong's nuts?

Sure man I'll reach around.:rolleyes:

edit: now your avatar looks good, but I'm not returning the favor.

As fun as autocross may sound, I will never do ot cuz pat (drink it down) is a flaming homo. Now id rather watch nhra 10x over before I watch people drive around cones. But it we r talking about back roads mid ohio type stuff id be all game for that. Brian if you took your car out more often it may be more fun, but it seems like it spends more time being modded and garged than actaully out. I think you've had it on the dyno more than the street. I'm with father time(ray), let the car run.

As fun as autocross may sound, I will never do ot cuz pat (drink it down) is a flaming homo. Now id rather watch nhra 10x over before I watch people drive around cones. But it we r talking about back roads mid ohio type stuff id be all game for that. Brian if you took your car out more often it may be more fun, but it seems like it spends more time being modded and garged than actaully out. I think you've had it on the dyno more than the street. I'm with father time(ray), let the car run.

<3