Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

V8 Beast

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have over $20k in this car. I really dont see myself dropping another $12k into it to go to the next level anytime soon. I would never sell my car, but I may de-mod it a little and get another fun car with my bonus next year. I may not go all out with a C6, but a project car could give me something to do.

this ^^ when my car blew up I took $7k out of my account to buy another engine and other mods, then another $4k in transmission rebuilds and clutches and this is with me doing all the work, I'm not gonna sell my car either nor de-mod it but just a break for awhile and I want a newer SS

Take a 2yrs break then tell me about getting bored. All I've had is the rodeo and the teg. I hate not having my car and jus being able to go out. Do that and tell me how much you then miss your car

this ^^ when my car blew up I took $7k out of my account to buy another engine and other mods, then another $4k in transmission rebuilds and clutches and this is with me doing all the work, I'm not gonna sell my car either nor de-mod it but just a break for awhile and I want a newer SS

the money amount above doesn't count, 3 cam swaps, head work, 2 different intake manifolds, 2 sets of tires, 2 sets of drag radials, 35th anniversary wheels, suspension upgrades, 1 rear differential, 8 point roll cage which is still in the box, and 4 sets of gears, I also have over $20k invested in modding my car

the money amount above doesn't count, 3 cam swaps, head work, 2 different intake manifolds, 2 sets of tires, 2 sets of drag radials, 35th anniversary wheels, suspension upgrades, 1 rear differential, 8 point roll cage which is still in the box, and 4 sets of gears, I also have over $20k invested in modding my car

Tell me about it, there's no way I could've paid someone else to do the work. It took long enough just to buy the parts.

I drive a GTP. How fun can it get. I'm tired of mid grade performance (if u can even call it that) and having to dish out the money for premium to only run a Damn 14.3 and average low 20's mileage.

Ready to just ditch performance all together and get a decent little daily like a protege5

Guest 614Streets

Stupid ass post. Go ride a tour bus. :thumbsdown:

*dons flame suit*

Perhaps it's not the car that you're tired of, but what you do with it. How much fun can a straight line be after the 10,000th time? GO - Stop. GO - Stop.

This,

http://matadornetwork.cachefly.net/matadortrips.com/docs//wp-content/images/posts/20100615-roads12.jpg

is more fun than,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/DragStrip_Nitrolympics_2005.jpg

For shits and giggles, put some wide tires on the front and come out to an AutoX. Those of us here who do AutoX would be MORE than happy to get you started.

Now I'm not saying this will definitely make you fall in love with your car all over again, or that you'll definitely love AutoX, but by trying new things, you might prevent getting bored with your next car.

Just my $.02 and change...

Take a 2yrs break then tell me about getting bored. All I've had is the rodeo and the teg. I hate not having my car and jus being able to go out. Do that and tell me how much you then miss your car

2 years huh, my chevelle was totaled 8 years ago I havent replaced it since. I did buy a c5 a few years back that was wrecked but lacked the motivation to fix it and sold it. maybe someday.

*dons flame suit*

Perhaps it's not the car that you're tired of, but what you do with it. How much fun can a straight line be after the 10,000th time? GO - Stop. GO - Stop.

This,

http://matadornetwork.cachefly.net/matadortrips.com/docs//wp-content/images/posts/20100615-roads12.jpg

is more fun than,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/DragStrip_Nitrolympics_2005.jpg

For shits and giggles, put some wide tires on the front and come out to an AutoX. Those of us here who do AutoX would be MORE than happy to get you started.

Now I'm not saying this will definitely make you fall in love with your car all over again, or that you'll definitely love AutoX, but by trying new things, you might prevent getting bored with your next car.

Just my $.02 and change...

WOULD KILL to drive on that curve road! i get tired of the shitty ohio roads, needs some moutian twistys!

I miss driving mine. Every time I plan to work on putting mine back together, some other big project comes up. Plus I've really gotten into boating more, and I'd rather play on the boat than play with the car.

Pisses me off that I have pretty much everything needed to put it back together (need new valve covers and a couple of gaskets) but don't have the motivated spare time to actually do something about it. I really should, as it is just sad having it in the garage not doing anything.

Stupid ass post. Go ride a tour bus. :thumbsdown:

Umm, are you nuts? I love roads with turns. I love driving at Mid Ohio with my car. Is a 1/4 drag fun? I am sure it is, the thrill of getting tossed into your seat with all those "G" forces. In the end, a road course will toss you left, right, forward and back as you ride through. The car gets a lot less wear and you get more then 1 minute of driving time for a day of racing.

To the OP, why not put some different tires and try an Auto cross for $30. Get another hobby for a while. I love driving my car first thing in April after it sits all winter. Take up mountain biking, paintball, kart racing, boating, flying or some other high octane hobby.

Some people just don't have the balls or brainpower to work all four wheels. :nono:

Some people dont have the balls to work all 6 wheels...

http://www.jwracing-fab.com/gallery/main.php/d/364-2/161046863-L.jpg

;)

No I have not noticed that?

In fact my car if as fun as it ever was. Hike up your skirt, get some real seat time and get that car shaken out.

I have a 550hp 3800lb car that has run 10.7's at the last 5 car meets and a few test n tunes... It was fun watching it go from 13 seconds to 10. Going from 10.9, to 10.8, to 10.7 not so much fun for me or my wallet.

I have a 550hp 3800lb car that has run 10.7's at the last 5 car meets and a few test n tunes... It was fun watching it go from 13 seconds to 10. Going from 10.9, to 10.8, to 10.7 not so much fun for me or my wallet.

Shit at least you got it there :nutkick:

See the drag guys have to spend over 5K+ after bolt ons to knock seconds off their 1/4 mile time. Whereas turning requires a change in tire pressures, or alignment when it comes to winning or looseing.

To each their own when it comes to racing and their cars, but let's face it. There is only so much you can do to go fast in a straight line. Then once your out of money you continue to do the same thing over and over and over again expecting a different result and...well...you know the rest.

Although it would be entertaining to have a 4 run autocross with a 5th run down a 1/4 mile which would be added to your best of the 4 initial runs. Best of both worlds and you don't get sick of driving in a straight line.

I feel like ranting, here you go.

I'm not even going to get into the autoX vs dragracing BS. Hell I don't like drag racing, I just like burnouts and launching hard. I like going around corners and spirited driving too, but I haven't rushed out to dodge cones in a parking lot either. I like all kinds of cars, and can respect what they're built to do, but I don't knock what other people do for fun. Anyone who wants to talk shit about a certain type of motorsport is worthless fuck.

Of course if people start racing Prius' I'll be a worthless fuck.