Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

V8 Beast

As fun as autocross may sound, I will never do ot cuz pat (drink it down) is a flaming homo. Now id rather watch nhra 10x over before I watch people drive around cones. But it we r talking about back roads mid ohio type stuff id be all game for that. Brian if you took your car out more often it may be more fun, but it seems like it spends more time being modded and garged than actaully out. I think you've had it on the dyno more than the street. I'm with father time(ray), let the car run.

I will not do hocking hills in a group because I don't trust other people's skills, just as I expect no one to trust mine. 2 years ago on one of those a MR2 managed to land on it's roof. Group mentality, + need to pace an experienced driver without skills = failure.

Phil, you should come out and ride sometime......not watch.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As fun as autocross may sound, I will never do ot cuz pat (drink it down) is a flaming homo. Now id rather watch nhra 10x over before I watch people drive around cones. But it we r talking about back roads mid ohio type stuff id be all game for that. Brian if you took your car out more often it may be more fun, but it seems like it spends more time being modded and garged than actaully out. I think you've had it on the dyno more than the street. I'm with father time(ray), let the car run.

My car has been my daily driver for the last two summers. Thats how I know how uncomfortable it is, and why it was broke again... just got it fixed 10 minutes ago. Yes it turns heads, yes I get compliments, but it has also been modded to a point that its a race car posing as a street car.

As far as auto x I'm not sure why people argue the two. Xers win with their brake pedal. They brake just enough to take the turn at a speed that the car can handle while keeping traction. Then they accelerate just enough to be able to brake again for the next turn. The good thing about auto x though is that the course can change... all you see different about the 1320 tracks is the braking distance. A car that too fast can actually mess you up if you dont judge your distance properly. I auto x in the Mexico round abouts a lot on my way to work :D

I will not do hocking hills in a group because I don't trust other people's skills, just as I expect no one to trust mine. 2 years ago on one of those a MR2 managed to land on it's roof. Group mentality, + need to pace an experienced driver without skills = failure.

Phil, you should come out and ride sometime......not watch.

We used to go out on these crazy back roads wen it was me craig paul and aj (once) and that was awsome. It gave the best of both worlds, u can open it up and then uve gotta be able to break it down. Just the short distance of auto x doesn't thrill me as much. I'm more of a top out kinda person. Now I want to do hocking hills wen I get the car back but to each its own

My car has been my daily driver for the last two summers. Thats how I know how uncomfortable it is, and why it was broke again... just got it fixed 10 minutes ago. Yes it turns heads, yes I get compliments, but it has also been modded to a point that its a race car posing as a street car.

As far as auto x I'm not sure why people argue the two. Xers win with their brake pedal. They brake just enough to take the turn at a speed that the car can handle while keeping traction. Then they accelerate just enough to be able to brake again for the next turn. The good thing about auto x though is that the course can change... all you see different about the 1320 tracks is the braking distance. A car that too fast can actually mess you up if you dont judge your distance properly. I auto x in the Mexico round abouts a lot on my way to work :D

That's why ill never cage a car. Takes the fun out of everthing. Ur right, at this point it should be a dedicated track car, but how much fun is that? Id say tear the cage out, swap trannys and have more of a streetable car. Oh and add butt warmers, nav, and a bose stereo. Instant comfort and more fun.

I couldn't imagine ever getting tired of the adrenaline packed thrill ride that is the RX330.

What man would drive one of those' date=' seriously?[/quote']

A man in college that makes almost a 70 mi back and forth trip to work while trying to save money to buy a taho in the fall while dumping $ in a car that refuses to run. Kinda sounds like me.

We used to go out on these crazy back roads wen it was me craig paul and aj (once) and that was awsome. It gave the best of both worlds, u can open it up and then uve gotta be able to break it down. Just the short distance of auto x doesn't thrill me as much. I'm more of a top out kinda person. Now I want to do hocking hills wen I get the car back but to each its own

Get a bike and do this, a car will never compare to the fun of back roads on 2 wheels

This is my vote

Take out old motor. Put back in a stockish motor. Take built motor and put it into (insert any car here ex. 280z, bmw, volvo, you get the idea) and you will have a ton of fun. Think about it what are you going to do if you get a vette and get bored with it???

I am going to go out on a limb and say sam has more fun in is bmw than he did in his vette.... Probably because it is something different and even though it pretty much has one purpose not being a all around autox and drag car etc he still has a blast like stated everytime he drives it

WOULD KILL to drive on that curve road! i get tired of the shitty ohio roads, needs some moutian twistys!

If you want some fun roads go out with the subbie guys some time. Just make sure you bring a tow hook.

My car is fun, But I want a Cobra Replica, hell I'd take a fox body 302 just to tool around in for a while. Just can't pull the trigger, but I want one bad. I would love to drive one around on nice days. Nothing but a Wheel and Gears, no radio, AC, Heat, nothing!

My car is fun, But I want a Cobra Replica, hell I'd take a fox body 302 just to tool around in for a while. Just can't pull the trigger, but I want one bad. I would love to drive one around on nice days. Nothing but a Wheel and Gears, no radio, AC, Heat, nothing!

My dad has one, (an FFR Cobra), it's overrated.

In a similar fashion, I'm not really bored with any of my cars, but what I've realized as I've aged a few years, is that I only have so much time for anything "extra". As most people do. But when you factor in being married and having a kids (we've got an 8 month old), my free time is a premium. So unlike 8-10 years ago when all I did with my spare time is car related stuff, now I spend more time exercising and going boating or whatever. The time I used to spend working on, washing, or going to car shows is now spent in the gym or in a rink playing hockey or out on my boat. And I'm nearly 80 pounds lighter because of it, and not spending money fixing my car that I broke at the track! :)

So while I still enjoy driving my Mustangs, they are more of a "lesser" hobby for me now. I still won't drive them unless they are clean and washed to my liking, but I haven't hit the track in years with either of them. Subsequently, I haven't had any repair bills either... :lol:

there's a point at which a modded car becomes a 'work only' car---'work only' means whatever you've built it for---drag racing, auto-x, car shows, fag-drifting, off-roading, etc. it will excell only at that one purpose and be miserable if attempted to use in any other way. you've turned your car into a work-only car. time to de-mod it, sell it, or buy something else to use as a fun street car (which is what it sounds like you wish you had right now). a fun street car is the hardest thing to build, due to the never ending temptation to take things too far. a fun street car makes good power (whatever that means these days), is comfortable on the freeway, can be driven anywhere, rarely breaks anything, and can still be tolerated by the opposite sex/significant other.