Anyone else notice that their car isnt as fun anymore?

V8 Beast

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar fashion, I'm not really bored with any of my cars, but what I've realized as I've aged a few years, is that I only have so much time for anything "extra". As most people do. But when you factor in being married and having a kids (we've got an 8 month old), my free time is a premium. So unlike 8-10 years ago when all I did with my spare time is car related stuff, now I spend more time exercising and going boating or whatever. The time I used to spend working on, washing, or going to car shows is now spent in the gym or in a rink playing hockey or out on my boat. And I'm nearly 80 pounds lighter because of it, and not spending money fixing my car that I broke at the track! :)

So while I still enjoy driving my Mustangs, they are more of a "lesser" hobby for me now. I still won't drive them unless they are clean and wash ed to my liking, but I haven't hit the track in years with either of them. Subsequently, I haven't had any repair bills either... :lol:

You'll always be a fatty in my eyes. *heart*

If you want some fun roads go out with the subbie guys some time. Just make sure you bring a tow hook.

would love too, i have drove down with a small group from here, there was actually a black sti old body style that went. at that time I had a black rsx type s, but those roads down there are crowded.

these days)a fun street car makes good power (whatever that means these days), is comfortable on the freeway, can be driven anywhere, rarely breaks anything, and can still be tolerated by the opposite sex/significant other.

is the reason I own a nissan 350z, feel like it accomplishes all of those things quite well! :):)

(insert haters here):cool:

Guest tbutera2112
i realized my car wasnt very fun anymore once i looked at my bank account, then drove it and realized that my bike was still faster and cost a shit load less....now its gone and ive learned my lesson not to waste the money heavily modding cars...dont get me wrong, even on a shitty tuned carb, my car ran like a raped ape and was very strong...i just lost the interest to try and keep up with it when i can play around on a bike and run 10s for less than 5k (including the price of vehicle), get 30mpg or more, and still rely on it to get me where i need to be everyday

Hubby has seriously been thinking of selling the Civic. He's had the setup for around 9 years now and it's just becoming a pain. He can't work on it anymore since his back is messed up. All his so called friends run when something breaks and he asks for some help to fix it.

My car was cool 8 years ago... now its uncomfortable and annoying. There are too many fast and comfortable cars out there for me to keep dealing with this thing. I'm about ready to jump on the C6Z bandwagon.

I know what you are going thru although my previous WS6 was not built up as much as yours it just got old after a while with it being cammed,stalled and 3.73 gears I felt like I was drag racing everyone at the stop lights. I wanted something more refined to drive long distance. The C6Z was my first choice but a little more $ then I wanted to put out so the C5Z fit the bill and with a head/cam set up it just makes it all the much better+30mpg. After owning numerous older muscle cars and the latest ones to be a 97 ss,99 frc vette,then back to a 01 WS6 for a couple of years I went back to what I have now 02 cam/head Z06. Its by far the most fun and easy driving car I have owned.

At least you still have a fun car. With the new house purchase I had to sell the evo to start the vette fund, so now I am fun-carless. I drive my 2 door accord, and when "vtec kicks in" I make a "pssssshhhhhhhhhhhh" sound so I can pretend I'm getting into boost.

Though I think you should definitely get a new project car, or a new hobby. I started doing photography with vain intentions of shooting my car(other peoples cars), then started doing all of our family stuff, going on photog trips that only included cars as transportation, and generally looking like a pretty convincing asian stereotype.

At least you still have a fun car. With the new house purchase I had to sell the evo to start the vette fund, so now I am fun-carless. I drive my 2 door accord, and when "vtec kicks in" I make a "pssssshhhhhhhhhhhh" sound so I can pretend I'm getting into boost.

Though I think you should definitely get a new project car, or a new hobby. I started doing photography with vain intentions of shooting my car(other peoples cars), then started doing all of our family stuff, going on photog trips that only included cars as transportation, and generally looking like a pretty convincing asian stereotype.

You sold your car :confused: You should have traded me then sold my car instead!

You sold your car :confused: You should have traded me then sold my car instead!

LOL, what I should've done is paid a friend to steal it, claim the insurance, then after I get my check, convert the Evo into a track-only "no vin" racecar.

Stupid morals and stupid guilt ... stupid stupid.