Drag Racing at Trails Sucks

Cordell

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because when the green light drops the bullshit stops and a time slip does not lie.

+10

That 16 second video is too far away to see whats going on but it looks as if he is having a lot of traction problems either through lack of tire, too much throttle too soon/no clutch slip, didn't drive around the water box on old street tires etc has he added the bushings so he doesnt wheel hop?--

Drag racing takes a lot of practice and while yes it is a money race you can spend a lot of money and still not be fast- There are guys that get 11s with 250 rwhp but I bet its not their first time down the quarter mile and there are guys with 600 whp that cant get 11s that may only go once or twice a year. The guy that goes out to an actual track once or twice a year and has a good time even though he got 2 seconds off what he "should" get, gets more respect in my book then all the internet bench racing dyno queens that talk about how fast they are from a roll.

I bet if you flip that mother fucker on its lid or hit a wall you will be wishing you had a rollcage :). You hit the nail on the head its a street car so why are you racing it if you feel that way? Seriously it kills me when people put all this money in to their cars to make them fast and then bitch about spending money on something that may save their life one day.

So, which is safer?

A. A 130mph all wheel drive car, equipped with airbags, crash beams, seat belts, and wearing a helmet.

Or

B. A 150 mph bike wearing leathers and a helmet.

I think A is WAY safer..... Yet B is "track legal" and A is not.....

If the cage is put in the car properly and you have proper harness's then you wont hit your head. There are rules in the rulebook on how a cage should be installed to prevent this. If you do hit you head then your a dumb fuck for putting the cage in incorrectly or for letting Billy Bob's garage do it for you so you can save 50.00.

Comfort> cage

If. Had a 10 sec car I wouldn't cage it. Then its pretty much. A dedicated track car. F that, id rather have a fast car that I know will go 10s and still be comfortable. Then again I hate the track so my opinion is bias

Comfort> cage

If. Had a 10 sec car I wouldn't cage it. Then its pretty much. A dedicated track car. F that, id rather have a fast car that I know will go 10s and still be comfortable. Then again I am a retard so my opinion is bias

This will never happen so it should not be an issue.

i need the license too. it only allows you entry to national events. wich i dont have time to do. so the extra 285 bucks. dont seem worth it. can still run at every local track fine. since truck is certified to 8.50s. the dumbest thing about the license is you have to have one NHRA, and one IHRA depending on wich track ur running. its a conspicary.

and i still dont agree with the 2 yr rule on belts. if you dont crash they shouldent strech and need replacement.

Comfort> cage

If. Had a 10 sec car I wouldn't cage it. Then its pretty much. A dedicated track car. F that, id rather have a fast car that I know will go 10s and still be comfortable. Then again I hate the track so my opinion is bias

Hate to say it but agree. Even if I had a ten second car I would only want the glory run to say it was and that would be it. But I think many people on here remember when coltbostin wrecked his colt doing something like 160 or 170+ on the freeway a few years back and what saved his life was his cage so I guess it goes both ways for me really. If it isnt your daily a cage really isn't going to kill comfort for you but you could end up with a cracked head.

I have a cage in my car. The cage is only uncomfortable when trying to get out of the car in my small garage (which really isnt mush different than when I didnt have a cage with these big ass doors). If it wasnt for this damn choppy 110LSA camshaft I wouldnt have lost any comfort.

Guest tbutera2112
I have a cage in my car. The cage is only uncomfortable when trying to get out of the car in my small garage (which really isnt mush different than when I didnt have a cage with these big ass doors). If it wasnt for this damn choppy 110LSA camshaft I wouldnt have lost any comfort.

+1... getting in and out kinda sucks, but once youre in the car, theres really no comfort loss from a cage..i had an 8pt in the stang and didnt mind it at all

Has anyone verified the risk distance of head hitting cage or is this an urban myth/internet drama?

What I am about to write is directly quoted out of Sport Compact Car. I know the mag is no longer in publication but oh well. This comes from their June 2006 volume 18 edition with the cover title being "The Truth, Tunning Myths Busted Wide Open"

"Myth #10 Roll cages make your street car safer... The Truth: This statement is only true if you are in a collsision while wearing a helmet. In reality, welding or bolting in a multi-point cage is one of the most dangerous things you can do to your street car. Even if scrupulously designed and wickedly fabricated, cages are ment for race cars and drivers wearing helmets. Sure a cage can dramatically improve chassis rigidity but this huge increase also means that energy that was supposed to be absorbed by crumple zones can now be directly transmitted to your body. In a high-impact collision, that sweet 4130 chromoly tubing can crack open your unprotected head like a watermelon. Cages can also negatively impact many of the existing safety features found in newer cars. Passive safety restrainds such as seat belts and active systems suchs as airbags are designed to work within a fixed ammount of space and cannot account for the cabin intrusion of a safety cage. In fact, in newer cars, cage tubing can prevent the deployment of certain side and side curtain airbag systems. And we haven't even mentioned the injury potential of poorly designed cages of suspect strength and geometry. Padding a rollcage can lessen the potential for injury, but unless you are willing to wear a helmet and a 5 point harness the the grocery store-you're better off without one in your street car."

i need the license too. it only allows you entry to national events. wich i dont have time to do. so the extra 285 bucks. dont seem worth it. can still run at every local track fine. since truck is certified to 8.50s. the dumbest thing about the license is you have to have one NHRA, and one IHRA depending on wich track ur running. its a conspicary.

and i still dont agree with the 2 yr rule on belts. if you dont crash they shouldent strech and need replacement.

Matt, nice truck, I wish I would have known you were running E85. We were both at the last CR meet at trails and I would have liked to talk to someone about switching over (pro's and con's). Anyway back to the topic, you need a license to run faster than 9.99 or 135mph, not just at a national event. I've had my license for 4 or 5 years now and only been asked to see it 1 time. You've just been lucky. If a track tech official ever ask you for your license and you said you didn't have one running as fast as you do, they would throw you out faster than these other guys that are trying to make a 10 second pass without a cage!