Drag Racing at Trails Sucks

Cordell

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
13.49 or faster for a vert, so it doesn't have to be too fast.

thought they could get away with just a roll bar at that speed?

and wow that cobra is sexy...whats wrong with it? bad driver or was the car messing up?

No the silver one. He even took out the passenger headlight when he was running.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad9/raulreyesangel/cobra1.jpg

He does want to trade it now too.

I think I saw this car running around zanesville the other day. Looked and sounded great. Those times are dismal though......

So, which is safer?

A. A 130mph all wheel drive car, equipped with airbags, crash beams, seat belts, and wearing a helmet.

Or

B. A 150 mph bike wearing leathers and a helmet.

I think A is WAY safer..... Yet B is "track legal" and A is not

ud b wrong. the bike generally leaves the rider. rider with leathers sliding down a track.

or the weight of a car hittin a wall a few times and rolling over with you in it. way better chance for injury. chance of getting hit by a car in the door to test your fancy side impact bars wich are a small strip of stamped steel. unlikley. but the door flying off and your 2" seat belt breaking is a very real possibility. my truck had a cage at 11.99 and was a full street car. i understand to some its a pain in the neck. u think mark like having a cage in his street vette. thats the smallest interior ever. but he does for safety.

evan a bolt in is legal. and if not racing a while unbolt it.[/Quote]

I see your points.

Believe me, in a "race car" I am all for cages, etc.

My kids ride in the back of my cars and that's another reason I don't want a cage. Cages in street cars is not only a pain, but dangerous.

I still believe my evo was plenty safe for the track even though trails didn't. My simplem solution was run at D42.

While I respect safety, I will not ever cage a street car that my kids will be riding in.

Haha it belongs to Raul, he lives in Zanesville, I rode over with him and his girlfriend crammed in the back seat. He was hoping for low 11's on the way over and it pulls hard on the highway. Nothing but disappoint from him on the ride home haha I told him just think you can only improve your times. He's a good kid though, he means well.

He should just trade me my truck for his cobra straight up.

Haha it belongs to Raul, he lives in Zanesville, I rode over with him and his girlfriend crammed in the back seat. He was hoping for low 11's on the way over and it pulls hard on the highway. Nothing but disappoint from him on the ride home haha I told him just think you can only improve your times. He's a good kid though, he means well.

He should just trade me my truck for his cobra straight up.

saw him make a mid 14 run weds at 108 mph,, didnt see what kind of tires he had, but if drag radials he wasnt doing enough burn out and was launching way to high and just spinning . bad ass sounding car though .

saw him make a mid 14 run weds at 108 mph,, didnt see what kind of tires he had, but if drag radials he wasnt doing enough burn out and was launching way to high and just spinning . bad ass sounding car though .

He was running Nitto something out back. He did have a 4 second 60' on his 16 second pass haha

Jesus. I was going to ask about the trap speed, but 108? Hand over the title and the keys now. You could start in 2nd and miss the next two gears and run 120 in that car.

• 2 weeks later...