Officially car shopping

Miller

Alright guys so I've just officially started my career and it's time to upgrade my daily driver. I've been a cheap bastard and driven the same beater for 3 1/2 years now and I'm amazed at how it's holding up.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned with it being fast, I have a fast toy car already. I definitely don't mind it being quick, though. With that said, I already know what some of you may suggest but I require decent gas mileage, prefer a car to an suv, manual, back seats, and AWD. I am in absolutely no rush, I am a cheap bastard and will wait for the right deal as long as my daily will hold out.

Picks so far:

1. WRX/Impreza/Legacy

2. Pontiac Vibe GT AWD (sorta bromo)

3. TOP PICK Audi S4 Avant b5

4. Ford Escape

Make some more suggestions or comments please...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go wrong with a Subaru

Vibe GT's are neat in a 6speed b/c of the Toyota 2ZZ motor (detuned Lotus motor)

Audi....bend over on maintenance, if you can afford an Audi, make sure you can afford to fix it.

Ford Escape...it's a Ford. You might be a Ford person, but a Subaru can satisfy anything you like about the Escape as far as cargo, AWD, fuel economy etc..

I would ALMOST look at a BMW 335ix before the Audi, due to no turbo's to worry about. AND that Audi parts are overpriced VW parts that just say Audi on the package and still says VW on the part lol.

Vibe GT's are neat in a 6speed b/c of the Toyota 2ZZ motor (detuned Lotus motor)

Audi....bend over on maintenance, if you can afford an Audi, make sure you can afford to fix it.

Ford Escape...it's a Ford. You might be a Ford person, but a Subaru can satisfy anything you like about the Escape as far as cargo, AWD, fuel economy etc..

I would ALMOST look at a BMW 335ix before the Audi, due to no turbo's to worry about. AND that Audi parts are overpriced VW parts that just say Audi on the package and still says VW on the part lol.

Thanks for the input. I do not know much about Audi's. I do know that me, a pair of shades with a fitted suit, and a white s4 avant with black wheels would creat spontaneous haters all day.

And shit, isn't that what's all about?

Subarus are about the most expensive car in the world to insure.. think about that.

Thanks Brian. I didn't think about that, I didn't know about that, actually. I do have a good record though, I have barely been out since my car's been running this summer so I'm ticket free. As soon as school is over I'll probably starting changing that.

The Misses LOVES her '05 Escape. The Driver's Seat gets uncomfortable after ~1.5-2 hours of driving though :(

KillJoy

My mom loved hers. My dad loves his (both 05's). And I had a blast in the snow with it too :)

For some reason, I don't think somebody cross shopping a B5 Audi, and Vibe GT is going to be looking at a 335xi.....

saab makes some decent stick awd stuff if its just going to be a stockish daily

For some reason' date=' I don't think somebody cross shopping a B5 Audi, and Vibe GT is going to be looking at a 335xi.....[/quote']

I don't even get a half chubby for bmw's. They are too "hi, i drive a bmw". Audi's are eloquent. And the Audi, while it is my favorite, would be topping my price range. If I decide to throw caution to the wind that will be my selection.

Dave I'll check Saab my fiance likes them a lot and i was unaware of awd in their vehicles.

For some reason' date=' I don't think somebody cross shopping a B5 Audi, and Vibe GT is going to be looking at a 335xi.....[/quote']

Due to this fact, he obviously is mixing up the models. He meant anything 3 seriers OTHER than the 335. lol

Take a look at the A4 2.0T Avant. You can have an excellent car, chip and dp and have over 300tq.

I don't think you can get the Vibe with AWD and the 2ZZ. I think it's 1ZZ only. I could be wrong. In any case, don't get the Vibe if you're over 5'6", the seating position will make you want to drive the car off a cliff.

Can you get an AWD fusion with a manual? What about a Saabaru?

I don't think you can get the Vibe with AWD and the 2ZZ. I think it's 1ZZ only. I could be wrong. In any case, don't get the Vibe if you're over 5'6", the seating position will make you want to drive the car off a cliff.

Can you get an AWD fusion with a manual? What about a Saabaru?

You are correct, the 2zz vibe is only available in FWD.

Wrong. 335i use the N54 engine, an inline-sixxer with twin-turbos, or if you pick up a 2010+, they use the N55, I6 single turbo. In a related note, BMW will cover blown turbos up to 100k miles.

Miller,

Don't be a fag.

Sincerely,

Your friend Kevin

PS. This means stop looking at Vibes.

Kevin,

You were once a young squire and now a master of your realm.

How's the professional life? and what's your opinion?

PS. Fuck you

PPS. Let's rub pay stubs

Kevin,

You were once a young squire and now a master of your realm.

How's the professional life? and what's your opinion?

PS. Fuck you

PPS. Let's rub pay stubs

Dear Miller,

Professional life starts this Monday for me. Go to work, see what your boss drives, and buy the same car with more options and a cooler color. Talk about how you have the same cars. He'll be like, "Oh shit son, you got the Navi?" To which you will reply, "Yeah boss man, and some heated seats with the new Bose surround sound." Then you'll be like, "Let's go to Hooters and you can check out my whip and we'll stare at some T&A." Then, you will get a promotion and stuff because you will be best car buds and you can share tips and tricks and mods and shits.

Sincerely,

Kevin

PS. Let us rub our pay stubs on stripper's asses.

PSS. Don't buy a Vibe. I say Audi. There was a black one, same style you are looking into at OU and I always thought it was pretty snazzy.