Took the 5.0 to the track 12.7@112

BradyPPC

We finally took the 5.0 to the track last friday. Got there at 5:30 and got 3 passes in before leaving at midnight. I didnt run as fast as I would have liked to but it has been about 4 years since I have driven a stick car at the track so I needed a few passes to get used to it.

The first pass, I wheel hopped all the way through first and second and then hit the rev limiter on the 3-4 shift. Felt like I was driving across railroad tracks through the first two gears. Even had a guy comment on how bad the bumper was shaking when I took off. Still managed a 13.4@107.

The second pass I decided to just launch off idle. Bogged a bit off the line but then the car picked up some. Ended up running a 13.2@108.

The third pass I ended up launching a little higher in the rpm range. Actually got it to shave 1/10th of the 60ft without wheel hopping and then I missed 3rd. :mad:

I would have liked to have gotten some more runs in but oh well, we had a great time regardless. With a few more passes under my belt, Ill have this thing running in the 12's on the street tires. Here is a link to the 13.2 video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhjtugCvqIA

Edited by Brady@PPC

I still have yet to see this car in person, in depth, i want to look at one up close im seriously debating on purchasing a triple white vert (if they make them) just to have both.

anyways put some good tires on it and its got mid 12s in it for sure

Swing down to the shop sometime. It is normally there during the day. We also have a customers black 2011 5.0 in the showroom while we wait for some parts for it.

I still have yet to see this car in person, in depth, i want to look at one up close im seriously debating on purchasing a triple white vert (if they make them) just to have both.

anyways put some good tires on it and its got mid 12s in it for sure

Dont do it, trust me, its going to cost you a lot of money if you do lol. I have drove 2 of them and I must have one now. If they were doing the 0% like they are for the 2010's, I would have one on order.

13.2 isnt bad at all Brady, Pm me next time you head to the track, Ill meet up. Cant get anyone to go out there these days. Also go on Friday nights, I was there a few weeks ago and could have ran all night long

Took the car out to Marion this evening. Took a few passes but I finally got this thing into the 12's.

First pass I was sleeping on the tree and then on the 1-2 the car broke free and pointed me at the wall. Broke again on the 2-3. Ended up coasting the last bit of the track and ran a disgusting 13.6@91. Second run I cut a 13.3@107.

Everytime i powershifted the car on the 1-2, it would point me at the wall and I had to lift. On the 3rd run I powershifted every shift but the 1-2. Ended up running 12.9@111. Followed that run up with a better run and and ended up running 12.8@112.

I wanted to keep on going but it started to rain and they shut the track down. Oh well though. I am pretty happy with 12.8 on the stock street tires at this point. Ill probably head out to trails next time they are open on friday night and see if I can improve on it any further before I put a set of dr's on it. I think there may still be some more left in it.