The new XBOX Slim

Mojoe

250 gigs in the new one, not that I even use 10 gigs now. I feel I'm on borrowed time with my Elite and RRD. And it's ready to go for Konnect in November. Plus, I think I Gamestop is giving $150 credit toward the Slim.

just upgrade your HD and save your money, I bought a PS3 80g and upgraded my HD to a 500g, the HD cost me $79.99 its WAY cheaper than buying a new system with a bigger HD

I only use about 10 gigs of the 120 I have now. The 250 is just a plus. I'm more interested in not getting RRD and being able to get to use the Konnect system in November. I just don't see me getting my money to work harder for me, than trading up now.

Guest tbutera2112

the newer elites should not have RRoD problems

and kinect cant play on the old consoles? i read there will be an attachment to allow it to work...im sure the attachment will be cheaper than buying a new system

You get built in wifi and it has kinect ready. Id do it with no hesitation

I'm pretty much there. Really just posted to see if anyone had done it. And I should really look into spelling Kinect, before I start talking about it. Fail.

Seems pointless to me. By the time the elites came out they had the RRoD problem fixed, and you already have 120gig hd, do you really need 250? Built in wifi, whatever, thats probably the 1 good thing. Kinect ready, oh boohoo, all regular users have to do when they get it is patch it / install a cd and there xbox's are kinect ready.

Wouldn't be worth it imo to go sell your perfectly fine xbox for another one, then having to pay money out of hand for the same thing you already had?

I don't get it, unless WiFi means THAT much...

the newer elites should not have RRoD problems

and kinect cant play on the old consoles? i read there will be an attachment to allow it to work...im sure the attachment will be cheaper than buying a new system

I read somewhere that they removed the rings so people wont know their system is getting the RRoD, I don't know how true that is

I traded in one of my old pro systems when the slim came out. I have had zero issues with it and is so quiet you can't even tell its on. The built in wifi is better than any of the other wireless connectors they have out now i can tell you that from experiance of having the g and the n compared to the slim. I am getting ready to trade another one of my systems in and getting another slim very soon.

By the time the elites came out they had the RRoD problem fixed

Not true. Not until the Jasper units came out did they really have it figured out well enough to consider it "fixed." The first Elites were the exact same hardware as the launch units which had a failure rate of something like 70%. They had Falcons eventually which brought it down to around 30% which is still awful. Jasper's had a failure rate less than 3% and only came out within the last year and a half.

I read somewhere that they removed the rings so people wont know their system is getting the RRoD, I don't know how true that is

I think the dot in the center of the touch-sensitive power button turns red now. Not sure though. Not sure if anyone has even had it happen yet. These things displace heat like crazy.

I had 2 360's (bought a 60 GB Pro when my Elite red-ringed a second time and I needed a new one ASAP for something) and sold one for $225 and the other for $200 and got the new 360. As mentioned, it's really quiet, everything runs smoothly, kinda wish it was a matte black finish as opposed to glossy but my 360 is in a lower, darker place so no one can really see it aside from the lights when it's on. I don't even use the Wifi (yet) but the 250GB is good for me. I install all of my games to the hard drive so the disc drive isn't always spinning (reduces wear and tear and noise) and I have ~600 Rock Band songs downloaded so I'm using about 100GB.

I got the new 250gb. It's barely smaller. The powerbrick is the only noticeable smaller thing. It also uses like 30 watts less power overall, and it does run a tad cooler because of it.

The storage is pretty damn useful IMO. I copy all my games to the HDD, and am using 50gb or so already with just a few games copied.

Also, it has cool touch sensitive buttons instead of physical buttons. You touch them and it lets out a chime to let you know.

The only thing I found unacceptable for buying a $300 xbox is that it only comes with low definition cables. No component, no HDMI. Its teh gay.

ps: gamertag bkooie

I just called gamestop and the aint doing the promotion anymore. I was going to trade in my modern walfare 2 special edtion xbox with the 250 gig hard drive. They told me all they would give me is 50 for console and 40 for hard drive i could sale it straight out for more then they want to give for anything lol.