oil stains on driveway

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

weve collected a few oil stains on our driveway between all the vehicles ive brought home at one point or another lol....

looking for the best way to remove them? its blacktop

is there a company i can call that will come apply some type of degreaser or something to remove it? or anything i can buy at lowes and put on myself?

i tried liquid dish soap and a small brush, but it didnt work...may try it more and see if i can get anywhere but idk

Guest tbutera2112

we just sealed this year so i heard its not good to seal again...plus, if you dont get all the oil out, it can come through the sealer

ill try i read that heavy degreasers like that can harm the blacktop

only thing i can find online says to use dish soap a brush and boiling water...which ive been doing...it helped a little but it didnt get it up

but i figure theres gotta be a way since companies that seal driveways have to get the oil up before they seal, so i know it can be done lol

Try the "Purple Power" stuff available from most of the retail parts stores. We used to buy this in bulk to clean bays when I was at Procare (a million years ago).

Wet down the area, spray this over the area (or pour on) and go over it with a stiff broom/brush, rinse and repeat if needed. It's not too expensive and seems to have worked well for me.

If you're going to reseal they make a special sealer specifically to go over oil stains (I know - I had to "buy in bulk" when I redid the driveway here).

Power wash first. Powerwasher will get off way more than you think it would.

Anything left - brake parts cleaner.

+1

A good power washer will make the driveway look brand new. Just make sure you have time because once you start you have to do the entire driveway and it takes a while doing a little at a time...

Guest tbutera2112
yea ill seal it myself next time it needs done and get something like that...my mom had some random dude who knocked on the door do it this year...he sealed it and dug out flower beds and mulched and all kinds of crap for like $100 lol