$187,000 To park in a driveway.

Igor

We sent ours packing after they tried to tell everyone to put their trampolines away. Yeah... they really wanted us to take apart the trampolines after every use before we went to bed. I thought they meant move it to like one side of your back yard. No, they really wanted them completely out of sight :lol:

Wasnt there a post on here a while ago about a guys Audi getting booted b/c he was parking on the street or on his driveway? All b/c the HOA he lived in said he couldnt?

Fucking rediculous. I will never buy a house thats involved with an HOA. My brother did and they tried telling him what he could and could not do. He's the one who spent all the money buying this house now their gonna dictate how he lives in it? Fuck that shit.

As much as HOAs suck, it's also kind of silly to move into a neighborhood with one. Especially if you have such huge issues with them. People should know what they are getting into if they move into a neighborhood with one. You hear everyone complain about them, but people still move into areas with HOAs!

That guy had to have a brand new 5ksqft house in the burbs!

I do wish our area had a no overnight parking rule for everyone that decides to put their shit in the street vs driveway. I don't care if you have 2-3 cars, put them in your fucking driveway not in the street. This is the burbs not campus.

They did enforce the trashcan rule though. Thankfully I don't have to look at everyone's can sitting in front of their garage. Again, put that shit inside or behind a simple barrier on the side of your house. How fucking hard is it to put up a some lattice work with ivy on it or to simply clear out a corner in your garage.

Guest tbutera2112

what pisses me off is that certain people get away with certain shit and others dont....theres a house here that has a shed and an in ground pool...were not allowed to have either, we have a fenced in yard and proposed getting a shed and putting it in the corner with siding that matched the house and got a no...yet those bastards in the back with the privacy wall, pool, and shed dont get any trouble

hell they sent us a letter for our trash can sitting outside when i had the mustang here (2 cars in my garage meant no space for anything else)....yet the guy down the street from me keeps a massive boat (takes up from the garage, down to the sidewalk) in his driveway all the time, along with an RV that is so big it sticks from the garage down to the road (yes, blocking the sidewalk)....that or he will park the RV on the street and the boat in the driveway and park his SUV sideways on the sidewalk to block it

fuck that shit...i hate having a HoA, but i hate even more that they dont enforce shit equally....i wonder how much those chodelicks had to "donate" to the HoA to get off the hook for their shit

I do wish our area had a no overnight parking rule for everyone that decides to put their shit in the street vs driveway. I don't care if you have 2-3 cars, put them in your fucking driveway not in the street. This is the burbs not campus.

They did enforce the trashcan rule though. Thankfully I don't have to look at everyone's can sitting in front of their garage. Again, put that shit inside or behind a simple barrier on the side of your house. How fucking hard is it to put up a some lattice work with ivy on it or to simply clear out a corner in your garage.

Sorry hoss mine sits in front of my house, not sitting a stinky trash can in my hot garage. My shed is on the side of the house and is full of gardening equipment. I use my garage everyday. I'm not putting in the back yard and walking through mud to bring it around on trash day. I don't really care what you or neighbors "have to look at" seriously, it "hurts" you to see a trashcan? So at least once a week you are in pain? You are exactly why HOAs fucking suck. You sound retarded. Go re-read what you wrote. Who are you to tell me where to store my trashcan?

Guest tbutera2112
God I love the country.

+1... hell my girls dad has like 5 or 6 cars parked in his field by the barn, and like 4 or 5 in his driveway and nobody says anything! here i cant even leave my trashcan outside lol

my condo association allows parking in certain areas for 24 hours only however we park there longer than that. Our thought is that it cant be there for 24 hours consecutive so as long as we can prove the car was moved at a certain point then a new 24 hours starts. plus where i live its facing a field and only 2 residence can see it and Ive asked both and they said it doesn't bother them either.

they way I see it as long as your neighbors are ok with it then what does it matter.

sometimes its a good thing.

Somebody I know lives in a neiborhood where the homes range from 400k-750k and there were a house full mexicans living in one of the homes. They were parking there bright yellow burrito selling school bus in there drive way. It was junked out and a very big eye sore to the community! HOA took care of it!

NO

SHIT.

I can walk out into my front yard and take a piss if I want.

I do this in the city at my house and just don't care. But in all seriousness if you buy a house then someone tells you where or what to do it isn't your house. FUCK HOAs I will never buy a house that has one.