Apartment advice?

El Karacho1647545492

I'm so fucking sick of looking around at apartments, finding a decent looking complex only to go online and read reviews of 'DON'T LIVE HERE SOMEONE GOT SHOT ON MY FRONT DOORSTEP' or "Pet infestation stole my virginity and my tv!"

My requirements are not that complicated;

-2br

-safe parking for 2 cars

-[small-med] dog friendly

-close-ish to polaris

-less than $800/mo and preferrably less than $500 security deposit

-SAFE, CONSIDERATE NEIGHBORHOOD. I know there are inconsiderate people and criminals everywhere, but somewhere with people who take their safety seriously would be nice. My roommate and I are smokers but we are good neighbors; we don't set fires, we don't bring over friends that trash apartment complexes, and we don't have super late parties. It shouldn't really be this difficult to find a place, should it?

Try Worthington Ridge Apartments. Been living there for almost a year. No issues with any crime and they have garages if you are worried about your car. Rent is reasonable and you are very close to Polaris. Also dog friendly. My dog is a 50 pounds and we have had no issues.

Well, in my experience cars aren't "safe" anywhere. I lived in new albany and cars got broken into in our apartment complex so it's just something I accept will happen anywhere. Anyway, probably not what you are looking for but my wife lived in these apartments off E North Broadway right off the 71 exit. Its a mixture of college students and lower class to lower middle class individuals. Some rednecks and thugnasties but friendly people. Wife lived there a year and a half by herself and didn't have any issues. Everyone was pretty friendly. Her apartment had nice hardwood floors, and it was an extra $20/month for her to have her dog. She paid $480/month and heat and water were included. Not the nicest place but definitely not the worst, especially for the price. I would have no problem living there. Polaris is maybe 8 minutes straight up 71.

i live on worthington run dr off of queensbridge and smokey row (worthington schools area)...there are a few apts in this area for rent, but i recommend staying closer to smokey row side of the apartments...it gets "ghetto/run down" the further down queensbridge you get

they are 2br, 2.5 bath, 1 car attached garage...off street parking for other cars...lots of people have pets/dogs here...

we pay $679 through cr oneil, but a lot of these apt/condos are owned by a variety of companies so you might need to drive around to get the info/numbers

i've been here since april and i love it here...we used to live on broadmeadows (also know as broadghettos) and 2x a day, firetrucks and police were up and down our street...people were murdered, etc

no real issues here with people...seems like a mix of young families and college aged kids...people keep their yards landscaped and nice

It's been 3 years but I drive by every so often and they still seem nice.. Just off the corner of Hard rd/sawmill road, are the Olde Mill Lakes Apartments... I stayed there for 3 years and had no issues. Rent was $600/month then for a nice 2 bed/2full bath apt with water/trash included.

step one- don't move into a complex.

this was something i was trying to avoid as well, but it wasn't a dealbreaker so i didn't include it.

thanks for the responses everyone, i've got some homework to do. its really difficult to find places here if you're not connected to people who have experience.

for $800 mo., if you can afford it, buy a condo or town home. plenty for sale around town, you'll get a nice tax break and in the end, will actually own something.

just a thought. I bought my first condo at at 24; flipped it a few years later, making money to put down on our first property (our house) and that was just the beginning.

how about lake club on polaris? theyre 680 a month, 2 BR flats. nice community

I dated a girl that lived their. They meet all your criteria but i didnt like them too much, no real reason i just didnt like them. I would recommend my apt complex but they dont allow dogs, just cats. Otherwise it would be perfect. Im serious i really love my apartment. Sounds weird but its perfect.

look over near little turtle in the westerville/new albany area I forget the the name of the place but its not too far from polaris and should be priced around what you want to spend

i live in fairway lakes right off little turtle and i pay $599 a month for a 1 bedroom. best i could find in that area. some of the places have new appliances, but mine does not and i hate the shitty old stuff in there.

for $800 mo., if you can afford it, buy a condo or town home. plenty for sale around town, you'll get a nice tax break and in the end, will actually own something.

just a thought. I bought my first condo at at 24; flipped it a few years later, making money to put down on our first property (our house) and that was just the beginning.

It's gonna be sometime before he is gonna be able to flip a condo in this market. If he buys a condo now it is a a long term investment right now, who knows when the market will recover.

i live in fairway lakes right off little turtle and i pay $599 a month for a 1 bedroom. best i could find in that area. some of the places have new appliances, but mine does not and i hate the shitty old stuff in there.

My mom lives there, I live in a house across the fairway on hole 5. I wouldn't recommend living there, I have been trying to get my mom out of there, the management is pretty shady. They raise her rent every year and replace nothing. My mom refuses to move(she doesn't want the hassle of moving), and I cannot get them to put new carpet in her apartment. She has the same carpet since 93. It's fooking bullshit.

My mom lives there, I live in a house across the fairway on hole 5. I wouldn't recommend living there, I have been trying to get my mom out of there, the management is pretty shady. They raise her rent every year and replace nothing. My mom refuses to move(she doesn't want the hassle of moving), and I cannot get them to put new carpet in her apartment. She has the same carpet since 93. It's fooking bullshit.

yea im not planning on staying there more than a year, its a good price for the place, but its kind of shitty and old. I never knew i lived so close to you Ben, we should get together and talk about Apple sometime... :lol:

Lincoln Park

• 40 minutes from Polaris
  • Free nightly interior cleaning of your cars (sometimes they'll even take the car itself for free)
  • Don't think being a smoker will be an issue with the stuff they smoke on the streets out in the open
  • If you are into Mexican food there is plenty of Mexican markets around

:D

Lincoln Park

• 40 minutes from Polaris
  • Free nightly interior cleaning of your cars (sometimes they'll even take the car itself for free)
  • Don't think being a smoker will be an issue with the stuff they smoke on the streets out in the open
  • If you are into Mexican food there is plenty of Mexican markets around

:D

LOL

yea im not planning on staying there more than a year, its a good price for the place, but its kind of shitty and old. I never knew i lived so close to you Ben, we should get together and talk about Apple sometime..

http://smiliesftw.com/x/roflugh.gif

What part of columbus do you want to be near and what's the furthest commute you want to make to work?

I would try to stay away from apartment complexes myself. I've never lived in one but i wouldn't want to be that close to my neighbors all the time and for what some charge, its about as much as a house payment. I would maybe see about renting a house at least, or if your credit is alright, even try to buy one. The deals on houses right now are amazing.