Car hit in parking lot (Errrrr...)

Unleashed

Left work this evening only to find a lovely note on the windshield of my car. It reads:

"Sorry I bumped into your car pulling in to park. I left a small scratch in the car in front of the back left tire. Give me a call or text at xxx-xxxx so I can give you my insurance info...."

On the plus side, I was able to get ahold of her (only via text, she wouldn't answer the phone) and she did provide me with her insurance info (Progressive). They will be coming to look at it hopefully tomorrow afternoon. There is a fairly large dent near the wheel well along with deep gouges, scrapes, and scuffs all along the quarter panel, side scoop, and about 3 feet into the door.

Anyone know a good bodyshop?

Thanks.

better then the fucktard who hit my g/f's car at Polaris over a month ago, 1900$ worth of damage, from the way the damage looked, is he/she in a suv tried to back in to the parking spot next to us, cut it too close, scuffed up the headlight, knocked the bumper loose from the fender and creased the fender, the fender ended up getting replaced, the bumper got replaced and the head light was buffed out, and the shitty thing is we parked in a spot where the camera wasn't looking in that direction according to mall security. So she had to pay out of pocket.

Guest tbutera2112

yep call kevin...its crazy how much stuff adds up...especially if you dont want it under insurance...few years ago i was leaving a tight parking spot and cut too close and my TIRE rubbed the bumper of a mazda 6 with temp tags haha... i have no idea how my tire is the only thing that made contact with the car, but thats how it happened...set me back $800 - i left a note and he called me, but i had to pay for his rental car for 2 days also...failboat

atleast they left a note!

Text a Penis pic and as a thank you.

Seriously.....nice to see someone left you a note and was stand-up. Hard to find today.

I was waiting for this lol

plus one for her being stand up...

+2 giveing kevin a call

+3 is said girl is hot and you can work it from the dont feel bad for hitting my car angle

Better than the old classic note someone found on their windshield.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/704901/80624674.jpg

lol at the note.

I'm pretty impressed with the woman who it the OP though. I cant stand how people park these days, though

Better than the old classic note someone found on their windshield.

Luckily my note turned out to be a little better, although I have to admit that is exactly what I was thinking while reading mine. I thought there is no way in hell that the phone number was legit. When I called, it rang forever and no voicemail ever picked up. I thought I was screwed for sure. When she responded to my text message I couldn't believe it.

Text a Penis pic and as a thank you.

You guys crack me up. Not sure the fiance would approve :o

Looks like I'll try and ge ahold of Kevin Clifford.

Guest tbutera2112
Car is going to Achbach in Westerville. They seemed like the only ones who would put in the time/effort to make it perfect.

the girl agreed to pay for that place??

if i hit your car and you wanted to take it there, ide tell you fuck off...ide get a quote from a normal priced shop and pay you that much towards it lol

the girl agreed to pay for that place??

if i hit your car and you wanted to take it there, ide tell you fuck off...ide get a quote from a normal priced shop and pay you that much towards it lol

I assume she is turning it into her insurance in which case he is allowed to take it wherever he wants. Even if she wasnt I still think he has the legal right to get it fixed wherever he wants. It would be up to her to pay out for repairs in cash or then go with insurance.

Guest tbutera2112
I assume she is turning it into her insurance in which case he is allowed to take it wherever he wants. Even if she wasnt I still think he has the legal right to get it fixed wherever he wants. It would be up to her to pay out for repairs in cash or then go with insurance.

if its insurance then yea...i just assumed this was an out of pocket thing since hes working with her instead of her insurance company

if it was out of pocket, ide tell him to take me to small claims court, and ide show up with estimates from 5 different places (including dealerships) and offer to pay out the amount on those estimates

he found the most expensive shop in the city to fix a "small scratch", i would never pay him to take his car there unless it was a ferrari or something

There's a reason Dan Achbach lives the way he does. But in saying that he is not better then anyone else. Just overpriced. I have redone some of his work. Im sure people have had to redo some of mine too.

The difference between him and I is Im willing to admit it. Im not perfect.

There's a reason Dan Achbach lives the way he does. But in saying that he is not better then anyone else. Just overpriced.

To be honest. His estimate wasn't much more than anywhere else. The biggest difference in quotes was is in the finishing (added labor for wet sanding, buffing, waxing). The door, side scoop, and rear quarter will all be getting resprayed.