Mustang Boss back in 2012

CJINOHIO03

couldnt you have quoted at least something from the article? here ill help you out.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/08/12mustangboss30206opt.jpg

The car that Mustang fans have been hoping Ford would build for a very, very long time is finally here: the 2012 Boss 302. Dave Pericak, the Mustang chief engineer says it all.

"Boss is a hallowed word around here, and we couldn't put that name on a new Mustang until we were sure everything was in place to make this car a worthy successor. We were either going to do it right or not do it at all - no one on the team was going to let Boss become a sticker and wheel package."

Amen, Dave. A true Boss 302 is raw, hardcore and race-inspired, and Ford delivered the goods. The latest special edition Mustang comes with plenty of items that will excite road racing fans - an upgraded clutch, short-throw shifter, adjustable suspension, improved brakes and a more potent version of the 5.0-liter V8 that produces 440 horsepower and 380 lb-ft torque thanks to a new intake and more aggressive camshafts. Ford claims the Boss 302 will be able to break 1.0g and lap a typical road course two seconds faster than the standard Mustang GT. Ford engineers even reportedly benchmarked the BMW M3 when developing the Boss 302, aiming to beat the famous Bavarian coupe around Laguna Seca, which they claim to have achieved.

The exterior is inspired by the original 1969 model with either a black or white roof panel, C-stripe, closed fog lamp openings and a more aggressive front splitter and rear spoiler. Available colors are more eye-catching than the standard choices and include Competition Orange, Performance White, Kona Blue Metallic, Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Metallic and Race Red.

2010 Boss 302 owners will enjoy a more aural experience from the cockpit thanks to eleven pounds of sound-deadening material removed from the car. The interior also gets a dark metallic finish for the instrument panel, gauge cluster and door panel trim, Alcantara-covered steering wheel and an optional package with Recaro high performance seats.

Finally, Ford is also planning to release a limited number of Boss 302 Laguna Seca models that offer more body stiffness, a stronger chassis and an aero package lifted straight from the Ford Racing Boss 302R.

We're attending the 2010 Boss 302's live unveiling at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and will have the first live pictures of the car straight from the famous corkscrew for you soon.

Congrats Ford for making a cool vehicle and pricing it out of the market. In 2002 a GT vert was: MSRP: $27,475 With an invoice of $25,142 THAT IS A VERT!

Today a 2011 GT Vert STARTS AT $34,645. The premium with leather is $37K Man inflation is a bitch in 9 years....

The jump in price for the GT is silly, I really like it, the price is just too high IMO. I'd rather buy a slightly used C6 for the same money.

Case in point, right here within 50mi of Westerville, A C6 Vert 6 speed 36K with 33k Miles:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=276665637&dealer_id=100012588&car_year=2007&rdm=1281717621678&lastStartYear=1981&model=CORV&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43081&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=47&standard=false

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/5/19/276/665/16052442186.276665637.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Don't care for the stickers, but that's fixed easy with a call to Andy. :)

Edited by Benjamin

Congrats Ford for making a cool vehicle and pricing it out of the market. In 2002 a GT vert was: MSRP: $27,475 With an invoice of $25,142 THAT IS A VERT!

Today a 2011 GT Vert STARTS AT $34,645. The premium with leather is $37K Man inflation is a bitch in 9 years....

The jump in price for the GT is silly, I really like it, the price is just too high IMO. I'd rather buy a slightly used C6 for the same money.

Case in point, right here within 50mi of Westerville, A C6 Vert 6 speed 36K with 33k Miles:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=276665637&dealer_id=100012588&car_year=2007&rdm=1281717621678&lastStartYear=1981&model=CORV&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43081&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=47&standard=false

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/5/19/276/665/16052442186.276665637.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Id pay more for a new car than used, especially one with better interior and the plastic isnt like a kids big wheel

yea cant compare used prices to new...see, if you look at a mustang the same year as that vette, with the same mileage, its a LOT cheaper

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/1855807945.html

Yes I can kid, I am talking about NOW, if I had or could afford another $35k car TODAY, I would be at the dealer buying the USED C6 vert not the New mustang. Understand? TODAY this is my option. I can spend my money how I like.

And anyone saying the C6 interior is inferior because it's plastic, watches to much Top Gear. What, the interior is made of Metal in the Mustang? :nono:

Guest tbutera2112
Yes I can kid, I am talking about NOW, if I had or could afford another $35k car TODAY, I would be at the dealer buying the USED C6 vert not the New mustang. Understand? TODAY this is my option. I can spend my money how I like.

And anyone saying the C6 interior is inferior because it's plastic, watches to much Top Gear. What, the interior is made of Metal in the Mustang? :nono:

and thats your prerogative, but to say the new mustang is over priced because it costs more than a USED corvette, is off base....thats like saying a brand new off the lot 2011 civic is over priced because you can buy a 2001 camry for 6k

and thats your prerogative, but to say the new mustang is over priced because it costs more than a USED corvette, is off base....thats like saying a brand new off the lot 2011 civic is over priced because you can buy a 2001 camry for 6k

Moron, I'm not saying that, I saying a new GT in 2002 was about 6-8K cheaper in 02, GT to GT. Read! I would buy the Mustang if it was still in the $20k range. Now it's in the mid to high 30k range. :nono: This is why I think it is priced high, because 8 years ago the payment was a lot easier on a new GT.

Moron, I'm not saying that, I saying a new GT in 2002 was about 6-8K cheaper in 02, GT to GT. Read! I would buy the Mustang if it was still in the $20k range. Now it's in the mid to high 30k range. :nono: This is why I think it is priced high, because 8 years ago the payment was a lot easier on a new GT.

Why are you honestly arguing with Tyler of all people. You know we're revising the introduction FAQ to CR and including "be sure to put this guy on ignore".

I didnt say the interior is plastic, I meant the rear "bumper" and front skirt.

The interior in the Vette has always sucked.

a few less bailouts and stimulus packages floating around in 02 :)

Corvette C5 Convertible 2002

Base Price $48,205

Corvette C6 Convertible 2011

Base Price $53,600

Not to argue just posting some facts.I am not a Corvette Cvt guy at all so that's not even an option for me.It's all in what YOU want.I'm old enought to remember in 1982 with the 157 hp 2 barrel Mustang GT came out and they said "The Boss is back".

I really hate the V6 in the price range of the older GTs. But it does have 300HP. Most likely is almost as fast as my car. :( It used to be a Sub 20k car, now is a 25K car.

Clearly this is how Ford is not having to take the bailout $$. They are getting people to pay more for a mustang and other cars. Kudos to Ford.

Guest tbutera2112
I really hate the V6 in the price range of the older GTs. But it does have 300HP. Most likely is almost as fast as my car. :( It used to be a Sub 20k car, now is a 25K car.

Clearly this is how Ford is not having to take the bailout $$. They are getting people to pay more for a mustang and other cars. Kudos to Ford.

whats funny is on mustang sites its now all the time popping up in the v8 sections "Will the new v6 beat my GT?"

lot of salty people out there right now :lol:

Verts are ghey. :gtfo: