Landlord Possibly Withholding Mail

Bigbird

Ok, so I got an email from Netflix saying that I was supposed to receive my next movie on Thursday of last week. I live with my "landlord", and I still haven't gotten the movie. She brings the mail in. She's petty and I could see her keeping the mail from me until I ask about it. Is this in any way illegal? I would assume that withholding/tampering with someones mail would be illegal. I understand it's just a Netflix movie, but it's the principal of the issue.

im pretty sure messing with anyones mail that isnt yours is against federal law

IIRC, i remember seeing a stupid long prison sentence for a mail carrier that fucked with like 40,000 pieces of mail. he got like 100,000 years or something. dont ask me why i remember random shit like this. lol

Federal code doesn't protect mail in a "shared address" any legal user of that shared mail address can accept the mail as if it were it's own. However, your case could be tampering with US Mail. Your best bet would be to use a P.O. box to avoid the fuss. Other option is to contact your postmaster and see exactly what you can do.

ask your mom ,aka landlord,if you can have your movie...hahaha

Maybe try being an adult and not living with your mom @ 22. You are old enough, I promise.

:lol:

All I could think about when he said his "landlord" was that guy on grandma's boy who had the race car bed and called his parents his "room mates"

:lol:

All I could think about when he said his "landlord" was that guy on grandma's boy who had the race car bed and called his parents his "room mates"

bahaha.

Nice pajammas,

thanks they are a gift from my room mates

you mean your parents?

Same difference.

what a good movie.

ask your mom ,aka landlord,if you can have your movie...hahaha

Maybe try being an adult and not living with your mom @ 22. You are old enough, I promise.

Lol verrrrry funny guys. But no, I don't live with my mom. I live with two girls. The landlord is like 23, and the other girl is 24. The landlord bought the house a while back with her money from the Air Force national guard, well put a down payment on it anyway. And she's been renting the rooms out to friends ever since. I've only got a month left to live here, so idk how beneficial getting a PO box would be. I do get most of my mail sent to my MOM's house, because she lives about a mile or so away, and we work at the same place so she just brings it in to me. I got my movies sent here so I could get them quicker.