I have a weird question

John Bruh

As far as the purpose of it being a bomb shelter, you're going to have to go 50FT+ down. Lot of the newer munitions used by the US (They'll be copied) tend to penetrate into the ground before detonation. I can't remember the exact specs on the daisy cutter, but it's been a damn good bunker buster.

If you're worried about Uncle Sugar seeing you, hell a simple FLIR set up might give you off. The only real Infared set up I'd worry about is an LRAS3, which isn't something you'd find on a crown vic. It will pick up on a 1 degree difference in temperature, so basically it would depend upon the ground and how insulated your shelter is.

Shit, whats the point anyway? Odds are that anything bad enough to require the use of a bomb shelter is going to kill you before you A: know about it (assuming a direct hit from a nuke right down the block), B: can get proper medical treatment (assuming a nuke 2-10 miles off), or C: get to your bomb shelter (at home) from work through 25 miles of stopped traffic and panicked mob (assuming a nuke pretty much anywhere in the country).

The only way a bomb shelter is going to be effective is if you NEVER LEAVE IT, ever ever ever...and why exactly would you bother clinging to life then?