NYC mosque COUNTER-proposal...

Avenger1647545502

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be fucking awesome if someone crashed an empty plane into this building...or atleast a helicopter or something

Really? If that's a joke, so be it. But if not, it's no wonder that some people hate America so much when you go saying shit like that. If terrorists jumped off a bridge, would you blah blah blah...

(And yea, I know I'm setting up for multiple jokes about terrorists jumping off of bridges. Let's see who can make the best one. GO!)

The people behind the NYC mosque are just plain ignorant. Build that shit as far from Ground Zero and don't draw attention to yourselves. Otherwise, it's just ignorant, attention whores who are going to get what's coming to them. Have a little class already and be more conscious of your surroundings. That is unless you're trying to start something...again. That's my guess.

To anyone touting freedom and rights....fuck off....rights don't make it "right" to be stupid. Just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should." I believe Freedom ends with acts of stupidity. Use some common sense and learn to pick and choose your battles. This is America. Home to a lot of people, but the sad fact is people from the Mid-East are the least welcomed here. Just like I wouldn't be doing similar shit in the middle of Pakistan.

Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque!

24 Responses

by RonPaul.com on August 20, 2010

Congressman Ron Paul today released the following statement on the controversy concerning the construction of an Islamic Center and Mosque in New York City:

Is the controversy over building a mosque near ground zero a grand distraction or a grand opportunity? Or is it, once again, grandiose demagoguery?

It has been said, “Nero fiddled while Rome burned.” Are we not overly preoccupied with this controversy, now being used in various ways by grandstanding politicians? It looks to me like the politicians are “fiddling while the economy burns.”

The debate should have provided the conservative defenders of property rights with a perfect example of how the right to own property also protects the 1st Amendment rights of assembly and religion by supporting the building of the mosque.

Instead, we hear lip service given to the property rights position while demanding that the need to be “sensitive” requires an all-out assault on the building of a mosque, several blocks from “ground zero.”

Just think of what might (not) have happened if the whole issue had been ignored and the national debate stuck with war, peace, and prosperity. There certainly would have been a lot less emotionalism on both sides. The fact that so much attention has been given the mosque debate, raises the question of just why and driven by whom?

In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it.

They never miss a chance to use hatred toward Muslims to rally support for the ill conceived preventative wars. A select quote from soldiers from in Afghanistan and Iraq expressing concern over the mosque is pure propaganda and an affront to their bravery and sacrifice.

The claim is that we are in the Middle East to protect our liberties is misleading. To continue this charade, millions of Muslims are indicted and we are obligated to rescue them from their religious and political leaders. And, we’re supposed to believe that abusing our liberties here at home and pursuing unconstitutional wars overseas will solve our problems.

The nineteen suicide bombers didn’t come from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iran. Fifteen came from our ally Saudi Arabia, a country that harbors strong American resentment, yet we invade and occupy Iraq where no al Qaeda existed prior to 9/11.

Many fellow conservatives say they understand the property rights and 1st Amendment issues and don’t want a legal ban on building the mosque. They just want everybody to be “sensitive” and force, through public pressure, cancellation of the mosque construction.

This sentiment seems to confirm that Islam itself is to be made the issue, and radical religious Islamic views were the only reasons for 9/11. If it became known that 9/11 resulted in part from a desire to retaliate against what many Muslims saw as American aggression and occupation, the need to demonize Islam would be difficult if not impossible.

There is no doubt that a small portion of radical, angry Islamists do want to kill us but the question remains, what exactly motivates this hatred?

If Islam is further discredited by making the building of the mosque the issue, then the false justification for our wars in the Middle East will continue to be acceptable.

The justification to ban the mosque is no more rational than banning a soccer field in the same place because all the suicide bombers loved to play soccer.

Conservatives are once again, unfortunately, failing to defend private property rights, a policy we claim to cherish. In addition conservatives missed a chance to challenge the hypocrisy of the left which now claims they defend property rights of Muslims, yet rarely if ever, the property rights of American private businesses.

Defending the controversial use of property should be no more difficult than defending the 1st Amendment principle of defending controversial speech. But many conservatives and liberals do not want to diminish the hatred for Islam–the driving emotion that keeps us in the wars in the Middle East and Central Asia.

It is repeatedly said that 64% of the people, after listening to the political demagogues, don’t want the mosque to be built. What would we do if 75% of the people insist that no more Catholic churches be built in New York City? The point being is that majorities can become oppressors of minority rights as well as individual dictators. Statistics of support is irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of government in a free society—protecting liberty.

The outcry over the building of the mosque, near ground zero, implies that Islam alone was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. According to those who are condemning the building of the mosque, the nineteen suicide terrorists on 9/11 spoke for all Muslims. This is like blaming all Christians for the wars of aggression and occupation because some Christians supported the neo-conservative’s aggressive wars.

The House Speaker is now treading on a slippery slope by demanding a Congressional investigation to find out just who is funding the mosque—a bold rejection of property rights, 1st Amendment rights, and the Rule of Law—in order to look tough against Islam.

This is all about hate and Islamaphobia.

We now have an epidemic of “sunshine patriots” on both the right and the left who are all for freedom, as long as there’s no controversy and nobody is offended.

Political demagoguery rules when truth and liberty are ignored.

Edited by cptn janks
ron paul has his head on straight.

This is all about hate and Islamaphobia.

We now have an epidemic of “sunshine patriots” on both the right and the left who are all for freedom, as long as there’s no controversy and nobody is offended.

Political demagoguery rules when truth and liberty are ignored.

I'm all for freedom so long as it has a little common sense and decency is applied. I don't for one minute believe that the people behind this movement are innocent and not trying to stir some shit. Fuck that. If they are truly not, then they either don't give a shit about the resentment and feelings that are well founded or they are just dumb as shit. In either case, they need to move their Mosque to a place where they are less conspicuous and won't cause aggravation. Life has enough drama in it, without everyone needing to worry and debate about a Mosque at ground zero. How about we build a KKK Historical museum and hold a hold a KKK Rally in tribute to it on MLK day in downtown Gary, Indiana? Again, both are dumb ass ideas.

Again, just because they "can" doesn't mean they should. We worry way to much about the "rights" of a select few vs the "rights of the many." I vote we error on the side of not putting the damn thing where most people do not want it and fucking move-on. If those that want to argue want drama, then they can argue with my 7 year old and try and debate and rationalize with him.

The outcry over the building of the mosque, near ground zero, implies that Islam alone was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. According to those who are condemning the building of the mosque, the nineteen suicide terrorists on 9/11 spoke for all Muslims. This is like blaming all Christians for the wars of aggression and occupation because some Christians supported the neo-conservative’s aggressive wars.

Pretty weak stance on that statement. The whole ideology behind the attacks on the World Trade Centers spawned from martyrdom being a justified reason. Something in which more than a handful of Muslims agree with. There were Muslims cheering all over the world that day, so I'm sorry the Christian stance is horse shit. Ron Paul or not, he's a little more out there than I thought.

Here's some food for thought:

Qur'an 60:8 "Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Religion nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loves those who are just dealers. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Religion, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship). Those who turn to them, do wrong." This verse is used by Islamic clerics to justify attacking America. The United States supports Israel, a nation they wrongly contend has driven Muslims from their homes.

BTW- Just saying a statement by a politician, is like a girl telling you "I don't normally do this...." Point being, professional liars trying to get votes is nothing I'll take with less than a grain of salt.

I don't see any of you complaining about catholic churches being built next to preschools and playgrounds.

BAZINGA!!!

Game set match. Thanks for playing have a safe trip home. Nothing in the english dictionary can be put together in a way to undo the ownage that this post beings. Officially changing lolryan to lmfaoryan.

I think you all missed the point on why this shouldn't be a big deal and why it has blown so far out of proportion.

It's been said already, but it's in poor taste. As noted by others, to put a Mosque near Ground Zero is like building a 'Crusaders Memorial' in Mecca or a pro- Nazi Memorial museum across from Auschwitz. It's a bitch slap in the face no matter how you try and slice it.

Don't give me that bull shit about this being unrelated to the events of 9/11. I had nothing to do with slavery but I'm not about to fly a confederate flag in my yard and claim it's a symbol of valor, pride and my wife's "Southern heritage"

Hey, if it is goes through then we should build a crusaders memorial across from it and bitch slap them back.

I think you all missed the point on why this shouldn't be a big deal and why it has blown so far out of proportion.

No, Rima Fakih, the first Muslim winner of the Miss USA pagent isn't a big deal, but this shit is.

For the record, I'd do some completely immoral and borderline illegal things to her. :p

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/08/21/alg_usa.jpg

I was not allowed to go to the girl's school opening here. Made me sad :(

Tim is right 100% across the board. The debate isn't about the freedom of religion, it's not the point. It's a symbol that the nut jobs will eventually gather to and being damn near next to ground zero.

Actually I feel that with all the media attention this particular building is getting, that any Muslim extremist looking to gather people to plan out some act of terror would stay as far away from that spot as humanly possible. They'll relocate to somewhere out in buttfuck nowhere where the chances of being watched are slim.

Not trying to give extremists any credit as far as intelligence, but even they aren't dumb enough to think of using the building in question.

Actually I feel that with all the media attention this particular building is getting, that any Muslim extremist looking to gather people to plan out some act of terror would stay as far away from that spot as humanly possible. They'll relocate to somewhere out in buttfuck nowhere where the chances of being watched are slim.

Not trying to give extremists any credit as far as intelligence, but even they aren't dumb enough to think of using the building in question.

You would be suprised, we had Sadam living under us in Tikrit when I was in Iraq back in 2003. Never the less, it'll get some amazing press over here in the middle east, and pretty sure every group from Al-Qaeda to Abu Sayyaf will use it as a poster child of victory. They love propaganda more than anyone.

No, Rima Fakih, the first Muslim winner of the Miss USA pagent isn't a big deal, but this shit is.

For the record, I'd do some completely immoral and borderline illegal things to her. :p

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/08/21/alg_usa.jpg

Also, she is against putting this there as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/20/2010-08-20_miss_usa_rima_fakih_first_muslim_winner_speaks_out_against_mosque_near_ground_ze.html

I like the other comments

Gosh this is wonderful news. Does she have an opinion on the new Cab Commission recommendations now that the Crown Victoria is discontinued?