Cable Tech Job Positions open

Nitrousbird

We have been hiring for a while, but we need more/better canidates, as I need some decent people to interview!

- You have to have a fairly clean license

- Have to be able to pass a background check

- Not afraid of heights, confined spaces, getting dirty, extreme heat and cold

- Be able to carry an 80lb ladder

- Have something to bring to the table. Customer service experience, networking background, electrical experience...something.

- Not have attendance issues

- Have some sort of technical appitude. If you can barely use a computer, and likely can't learn, this job is NOT for you.

Job Posting: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?company=WOW

(just select Job Location: OH - Columbus, then select the Broadband Technician position)

If you are interested and want more info, PM me.

I have a friend about to get out of the Navy after 13 years, how hard would it be for him to interview and when is the position closed?

All he needs to do it put in an application.

We are hoping to fill all of these positions by the end of next month at the latest. We were hoping to be done by now (we have been interviewing for a while), but some of these folks I have interviewed have been....ummm....less than stellar. It is amazing what people will admit in an interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
most wow jobs are mon to sun. they dont do sunday often but its a requirement.

plan on at least sat.

i worked as a contractor for wow. we worked mon to sat. was a fine job pay got worse as they went on so it wasent benificial to work there anymore.

Contractor != in-house...not even close. Benefits, vacation, no piece work, no Sundays unless you go on the one Sunday shift we have, etc. All newbies get stuck with a schedule that has a Saturday on it. Pretty much all of our partner groups run Sunday installs as well.

• 4 months later...
Any Engineering positions - Network wise?

Nope. Most of those positions aren't in Columbus. The ones that are here, everyone in those spots have been in them for years, and likely aren't going anywhere. Those that did move into those spots that weren't there from day one were internal hires.

We do have some plant maintenance tech spots open, but our PM Manager is VERY picky about outside hires - if someone isn't uber impressive, he won't even consider them. Most of our PM techs now are internal hires.