Donatos Don't suck

Comebackkid

Papa John's :thumbup:

Donatos :thumbdown:

I just don't like the "sand" they cover the bottom of the pizza with.

Though, I have to say, Panzera's in Grandview is the best pizza I've had in Columbus. But I haven't had Hounddog's yet, which I'm told is considered to BE the best.

Papa John's :thumbup:

Donatos :thumbdown:

I just don't like the "sand" they cover the bottom of the pizza with.

Though, I have to say, Panzera's in Grandview is the best pizza I've had in Columbus. But I haven't had Hounddog's yet, which I'm told is considered to BE the best.

that "sand" is cornmeal lol. keeps the dough from sticking to the pan. consider the hand tossed if your not a fan of that stuff, as theres way less on the hand tossed.

essentiallly when you order Donatos, your getting frozen pizza. only thing that isnt frozen is the cheese and sauce, and some of the veggies. EVERYTHING else comes frozen. lol

that "sand" is cornmeal lol. keeps the dough from sticking to the pan. consider the hand tossed if your not a fan of that stuff, as theres way less on the hand tossed.

essentiallly when you order Donatos, your getting frozen pizza. only thing that isnt frozen is the cheese and sauce, and some of the veggies. EVERYTHING else comes frozen. lol

You ruiner!

The only bad thing about donatos is their prices have become way out of control. If little caesars can make a profit selling large pizzas for $5 as fast as they can make them, i dont see why others cant.[/QUOTe]

quality of the toppings in all honesty. i know for a case of cheese its like 90$ at donatos.

I always thought it was funny working at little caesars in HS when we would open up our toppings boxes and would every now and then see another companies logo on a bag. We were told by a rep that pretty much everyone uses the same companies for toppings, although made with their own recipe, they were pretty much the same in quality.

I know it's cornmeal, but it crunches in my teeth like sand. Donatos is the only place I've come across that uses cracked cornmeal. Everyone else uses flour which is a hell of a lot better.

I miss New England Pizza (that's the name of the shop, not the type of pizza.) THe crust was so thin, you were essentially getting toppings with some stuff underneath to hold them in place. :D But the outer crust was flaky and buttery. The dough was made there, and all their sauces were too. They also have my favorite Steak and Cheese subs too.. Ah well..