Lettuce discuss ccw's

wnaplay1647545503

Compact or Subcompact would generally indicate a smaller weapon I would guess. I think you will have to read the specs on each particular gun though.

this. Any gun considered a compact or subcompact would be a 'ccw gun' though some are much smaller than others. Also,keep in mind caliber.

I have several Compact guns, but like Evan said, that doesn't mean they are always small... your best bet is to go into Vances, and hold the different weapons, see how they feel in your hands and then go to the range and rent the ones that you liked best, then make your descision then.

my CCW is a Ruger LCP which is a .380 caliber firearm and is TINY (I actually had to purchase magazine extensions for it in order for it to fit in my hands) It is not an overly accurate firearm by any means, but typically when dealing with CCW, you are always going to be inside of 20 feet and preferably inside of 10 feet if you need to actually use it. So at that distance, the firearm doesn't have to be overly accurate in order to disable your agressor.

I carry a full size 1911... that means 5" barrel. It is no problem because 1911's are very narrow, which is more important than length for carrying. IE, the double stack magazine guns get a little ridiculous to try and carry.

Go to a shooting range around here and check out all the rental guns, that'd be like step one in getting to know what they look like in person. :)

I carry a full size 1911... that means 5" barrel. It is no problem because 1911's are very narrow, which is more important than length for carrying. IE, the double stack magazine guns get a little ridiculous to try and carry.

Go to a shooting range around here and check out all the rental guns, that'd be like step one in getting to know what they look like in person. :)

you carry, yet your profile says your 19?

A ccw gun does not need to fit your hand in order to be a requirement. This, however, is not true of a target gun. You just need to be able to hit what you are aiming at within 20 ft. If you need a magazine extension to do that, you need a different gun or need more practice. Carry guns are are very subjective topic.

If you need a magazine extension to do that, you need a different gun or need more practice.

negative ghost writer, I like having a carry that is small, easy to conceal, and light weight.... I don't need a big bulky firearm when a mag extension will do allow it to fit my hand enough to use it if I actually need it. (and when I go to the range, I make it a habit of practicing more with that firearm at random distances than any of my other firearms.)

All I am saying is most people do NOT grasp the concept of CQB fighting. 9 out of 10 times you will not be able to get into the stance that you want to be in to fire off your first shot. You need to consider that the worst possible circumstance will occur. I've even hear of mag extension being dislodged or caught in crucial situations. As a matter of fact, I used to use the LCP to demonstrate this because it would always catch on a certain pair of pants I would wear. The answer was to change the pants, but the idea was to show how things never work the way you want them to, so plan accordingly.

dude, I agree.... I use most normal stances at the range, but when we go shooting at my neighbors (which is way more often than at the range), I try different stands that are more natural in case it would come to something like that.