I need

Sam1647545489

a stock 454 motor. If anyone knows anyone selling one, let me know. I wanna swap out motors and do a n/a build with it. Let me know. High hours are ok with me.

I have a lead on one, wants 2k for it, it's a fresh rebuild. Motor was decked, full valve job, chrome valve covers, also has an intake and cam on it.

P.S. if you find anything up in lima you want picked up, I can pick it up as i'm up here for 4 days a week.

Please tell me your aren't trying to bolt a big block up to an Alpha 1 outdrive!

:D Sure am, actually i have done alot of looking and it seems that the only thing that hurts the alpha drive is the low end torque of flooring it out of the hole and any speed over 75 mph. But a low hp motor, 330hp and under should be ok for the alpha drive. I know its not recommended but I think it will be ok if I'm careful. Its kinda like making over 500rwhp on a stock 5.0L block. Cant be stupid with it. :D

I'm all for building what makes you happy....but, If you are going to build that low of a hp BBC, why bother?

You will still be flirting on that fine line of popping the alpha. You would be better served to just build a SBC for higher revs. You will make more power and better speed and still be safer with the Alpha (still dangerous territory) than doing the BB. The BB still just makes way too much torque to have the alpha survive.

But definitely do what makes you happy. I didn't listen to everyone on my build either. I'm doing what makes me happy.

What are your plans for the BB?

Well after looking around some more, Matt I think you are correct with what I should do. I wanna get the boat to the 70mph mark. After making this post I did some more looking around and it would prolly be alil less expensive if I were to just rebuild the 350 and make it rev higher those being able to put more prop to it and hopefully being able to reach my goal. I figure a lower end refresh and a top end build with better heads, cam, intake and carb and valvetrain. Also I wont have to worry about changing stuff up on the motor mounts and lower unit. Then maybe the following yr do a lower unit swap and then strap a blower to the tree fifty...

Well after looking around some more, Matt I think you are correct with what I should do. I wanna get the boat to the 70mph mark. After making this post I did some more looking around and it would prolly be alil less expensive if I were to just rebuild the 350 and make it rev higher those being able to put more prop to it and hopefully being able to reach my goal. I figure a lower end refresh and a top end build with better heads, cam, intake and carb and valvetrain. Also I wont have to worry about changing stuff up on the motor mounts and lower unit. Then maybe the following yr do a lower unit swap and then strap a blower to the tree fifty...

why not go with a 400 SBC bored .30 with a 350 crank/rods IIRC it makes it a 377 that can rev fast and higher in the RPM band. I could be completely off base but I remember reading this somewhere.

Well after looking around some more, Matt I think you are correct with what I should do. I wanna get the be at to the 70mph mark. After making this post I did some more looking around and it would prolly be alil less expensive if I were to just rebuild the 350 and make it rev higher those being able to put more prop to it and hopefully being able to reach my goal. I figure a lower end refresh and a top end build with better heads, cam, intake and carb and valvetrain. Also I wont have to worry about changing stuff up on the motor mounts and lower unit. Then maybe the following yr do a lower unit swap and then strap a blower to the tree fifty...

Your going to want to keep it under 5500 for drive longevity with an Alpha or Bravo style drive. Your going to need about 400hp to get there with a standard Alpha, or find an Alpha SS and gain 5-7 without touching the motor.

And your motor mounts are the same as a BBC now.