New Best - Thanks Brian @ Dyno Tune!

theweiser1

So for those who don't know the background on my car look here http://torquedfords.com/.

Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports tuned it about a month or so ago. It put down 436rwhp in 90+ degree heat and humidity through the roof. I was happy with the tune, other than it had issues idling and rpms "hanging". I told Brian I needed to work on a few things such as a coolant leak and some vacuum leaks. He offered look at the tune again once I fixed some of the issues. Once I fixed those issues I decided to go to NTR last friday to see what it would do. I was rather disappointed. Best I ran was a 12.865 @ 111.27. However between gears it was falling flat. I scheduled a time (Thursday) to meet Brian at his shop so he could work on the tune. We went for a drive and he data logged. Noticed the problem right away and we went back to his shop. He adjusted the tune and we went for another drive. It was no longer falling flat! Fixed it on the first try.

When we got back after a few adjustments it was idling perfect at 900 and the rpms were no longer hanging.

I left very happy with his final tweaks. I had anticipated the car running better this weekend at the track but had no idea it would have been this big of improvement. Last run of the weekend I ran 12.347 @ 117.3. I picked up 6 mph! Now alot of it was the tune, but I also got better shifting and experimented with the shift points. I think it can do a 12.2 - 12.1 if I improve the 60 foot and keep trying different shift points.

Long story short, Thanks Brian! Brian's main concern was that I was happy with the tune at the end of the day. There are some things that can not be found just putting the car on the dyno. Brian was willing to tweak the tune until I was happy, and I am!

Thanks again Brian for your time! I will be back If I ever change my setup!

Check out the difference (Once the video is uploaded I will post that as well):

12.3_nmra_2010_800x600.jpg

436whp? jeez son, get some slicks or atleast drag radials.. with 445whp i went 11.36 on slicks

Yeah the car is capable of those times with slicks.... i have nitto 555r .... best 60 foot this weekend was 1.8xx ... Keep in mind i am running 18inch heavy saleen replicas.

I'm happy with those times and given my trap speed... I think it has a 12.1x run in it once I get more practice with the current setup. Still has the stock rear end with 4.10's ... thought about going to 3.73's when I rebuild the rear end.

Here is a video...

The only item on the car that broke... I guess I was in the throttle a bit to hard .... for the stock plastic to hold up...

pedal_broke_small.JPG

Edited by theweiser1

• 3 weeks later...
Nice.. You let off before crossing the line. You would have trapped higher if you had stayed in it. My car went 12.20's n/a.

Yeah i was trying not to break out but I did anyways... without the huge/heavy 18's and some suspension and something other than the 555r's it would be into the 11's easy ... but I dont drag race it that much ... so I'm happy with where its at with the current setup.