Mid-Ohio : Buckeye BMW Club : Oct23-24

nocab72

more info from Registrar:

Time is flying and our fall DE at Mid Ohio is just six weeks away. Dates are Oct 23 and 24th. There is space available for those who have not registered.

We need instructors and students. So register and come join us. Will be a great time.

Yes we have the track on Friday 22nd. Friday is for instructors and students by invitation -- we will invite "A" level students to Friday. Racers will also have their own separate track time on Friday.

Our website has hotel info, forms, track info etc. The chapter website has a direct link to our event on motorsportreg.

Chapter website: http://www.buckeyebmwcca.org

We also have a club race the same weekend. Racers will have two sprint races on Saturday and an enduro race on Sunday. Great to watch.

Notes:

a) student cars and race cars are not allowed on the track at the same time. So do not worry about the combined event.

b) Student track time is not affected by the race as we have reduced the number of student run groups from four to three. The racers make up the fourth group.

We will have our Sat Night dinner for those who want to attend. It will be at the host hotel and inside.

Questions?

Email or call me

( after 10:00 AM and before 10:00 PM Yes I am retired)

Buckeye Chapter BMWCCA

Ken Price

kenprice@fuse.net

513-309-0523 c

What kind of prick event is this?

Welcome to the BMWCCA, likely the most conservative car club in existence.

I recently was told I could not participate in a local BMWCCA chapters DE sessions because I was driving "a race car with slicks" - and I would "scare" the other drivers. hahaha

I was pissed then, I laugh about it now, because it's probably the truth. ;-)

Shouldn't be an issue this particular weekend as the event is in conjunction with a BMWCCA Club Race and there will be lots of "race cars" in the paddock.

What the hell is an "A" student?

A is their "most advanced" student run group. Essentially the same as NASA HPDE3.

Kyle

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you who were there already know, but Ken Price (event organizer) and his instructor were involved in a heavy impact that had them both Medivac'ed to the hospital, with Ken being taken to a trauma center and into the ICU. His instructor was treated at a different center and has been released.

This happened at VIR oct 2-3

last I heard from bimmerforums, he is doing great and on his way back to ohio in ambulance. He's been recovering at a staggeringly fast pace