Hmm Shelby Cobra / Z06?

Kohones

i still have the stock clutch on the cobra and have not broken anything (yet). your statement above is invalid :p if i'm driving both cars equally, the driver mod argument does not hold. i'm sure the cobra is faster, and probably by more than i'm leading on. the vette feels more smooth, feels like it weighs 600lbs less

kirk, I'm just messing you!

day to day driving the Z06 is the way to go, HANDS DOWN!

The Z06 is a better car, and should be for 40k more!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z06 is a better car, and should be for 40k more!

Uh...Aren't the Z06 on sale for mid 50's while the GT500's are only mid to high 40's? That's like a $10k difference...not nearly $40k.

...?

Or if you're talking invoice to invoice before discounts it's more obviously, but still less than $25k difference, not $40k.

Uh...Aren't the Z06 on sale for mid 50's while the GT500's are only mid to high 40's? That's like a $10k difference...not nearly $40k.

...?

Or if you're talking invoice to invoice before discounts it's more obviously, but still less than $25k difference, not $40k.

I challenge you to post a link of a new c6z for 55k (mid 50's) or less. 500miles or less

Lettuce see it!!!!!!

I'll go and buy one

I challenge you to post a link of a new c6z for 55k (mid 50's) or less. 500miles or less

Lettuce see it!!!!!!

I'll go and buy one

Look on Page 1...it was already posted...

I get to take it for a drive if you buy one at that price!

Look on Page 1...it was already posted...

I get to take it for a drive if you buy one at that price!

56k aint 55k

but you know!!!!!!

Oh yeah and that is a 09, not really new in my book.

and this was quoted off the same listing

I am just stating the facts 2011 model year (M.Y.) cars are out that makes any 2009 (M.Y.) cars used.

Cars over two years old are considered used even sitting on a dealer lot with zero miles.

Meaning used car finance rates will apply.

Edited by CRAWDAD

56k aint 55k

but you know!!!!!!

Oh yeah and that is a 09, not really new in my book.

and this was quoted off the same listing

And $53k aint $55k...if you can get the dealer to do the employee discount you get $3k MORE off. Now you're just splitting hairs, its a new car, never been titled, no miles, etc. Sucks that you can't back up your previous statement....doesn't it?

i still have the stock clutch on the cobra and have not broken anything (yet). your statement above is invalid :p if i'm driving both cars equally, the driver mod argument does not hold. i'm sure the cobra is faster, and probably by more than i'm leading on. the vette feels more smooth, feels like it weighs 600lbs less

Wow still on the stock clutch with that kind of power is impressive. I have ridden in the c5 zo6 and driven a shelby and I will have to agree that the vette feels alot more smooth and lighter from what I could remember compared to what the shelby felt like.

• 1 month later...

Is the gt500 treated by ford just like the vette is by gm?

As in own plant and builders and own mechanics?

The simple fact that vette guys want to compare a "mustang" to a vette just shows what kind of car guy they are...

To marc's dad for you unless you love the stang by the vette you deserve it and you looked good in your other one..

To the rest of you a vette is built to compete with Lamborghini and the running horse the red one not the blue one those super cars not some 4 link blue coller drag car..

Besides everyone knows that when you buy a vette you also have the vette service bills just due to that checker flag on it

Edited by NTHER91
Posted from phone and it auto correct stuff it shouldn't have so excuse the spelling and lack of anything English

Eric - I agree that we shouldn't be comparing vette to a mustang...although I personally have looked at wildly different cars at the same time. I am more used to comparing vettes to vipers and if any Ford...the GT.

I don't agree with the service comment. At least not for anyone with at least average mechanical skills. I've owned a C5 for 11 years and the only service I didn't do myself was a pedal assembly swap while it was still under warranty. Otherwise...parts are relatively cheap, available and it is actually an easy car to work on. I haven't done anything on my C6Z yet...so I may retract this statement. It has a few too many techie gizmos on it for my taste. (like the electric door handle touch pads and push button start).

you will get noticed in the vette---plain and simple. and parts aren't that pricey---$350 for 4 brand new discs all the way around, for example. corvetteforum has tons of technical support that rivals any ford site (modularfords.com, and svtperformance.com) that i frequent

- I've been in both - the Vette's interior is far nicer.

I've been in both too. No its not.

Like exteriors, interiors are 99% subjective aesthetic.

I've sat in every vette model since the 64, and owned two. There's no two ways about it: Vette interiors suck. I remember almost finding myself apologizing to passengers for its interior. The old "but get a load of this performance!" bit.

Not saying Mustang or cobra interiors are better. but I've owned two Mustangs and one Cobra and to ME, the Cobra is a better interior than a Mustang (at least my 03 was a clear step up), and I've sat in both the '10 and '11 GT500 and to ME, they're better as well. Just feels less plasticy and cheap.

...annnnd they squeak less.

Hell my V's interior isnt really any better than my 03 Cobra's was. Certainly the seats arent as good. If the caddy can't top it there's no way the vette ever was.

I've owned more GMs than I've owned any other make. IMO GM will not make a good interior until they kill the unions and get that ~$2500 back per car they're sinking on pensions.

At least they're no longer making those "interior by Fisher Price" controls they had in the late 90s/early 2000s.

To each his own. I'd still buy the vette.

I've owned more GMs than I've owned any other make. IMO GM will not make a good interior until they kill the unions and get that ~$2500 back per car they're sinking on pensions.

The 2009+ CTS-V interiors are actually very nice. Even w/o the Recaro seat upgrade they are 10x better than any Vette interior I have ever been in.

That being said, we are putting a Carvaggio leather / suede / alcantara interior in a Z06 soon that will rival the interior of any car at any price :)

I would say Shelby over C6, I wont deny the performance of the Vette but a supercharged car is a slight cheaper to mod and sounds amazing. I would also prefer a

C5z over a C6 even though the C5 interior has the same radio as a Cavelier.

Honestly thats just my opinion and at this stage in the game I could care less about performance on paper or a race and could give to shits about if it gets attention or not, im not looking for any men to hit on me.

Getting noticed in a car? Really?!?!? I'm pretty sure he didn't care about that, but if you seek attention from people you don't know then that's up to you.

yes, really.

its nice to be noticed in your race car. anyone who doesn't enjoy being noticed should not be looking at either car. the c6z is the ultimate 'everyman's' race car, now that used ones can be had for reasonable prices. its the car that all others are measured against as far as performance goes. hit the gas and the car feels light as a feather. hit the brakes and the car stops immediately. the mods and tech support for the vette are just as robust as those for the gt500. sure, if you want to say you have 700-800rwhp (and be slower than a 600rwhp vette), then go with the shelby. that's if you're looking to mod the car--which i will admit the blower is easier to get more power out of. why not buy a 5.0 mustang with the big brake kit, upgraded wheels, and just put a whipple on it??

The 2009+ CTS-V interiors are actually very nice. Even w/o the Recaro seat upgrade they are 10x better than any Vette interior I have ever been in.

That being said, we are putting a Carvaggio leather / suede / alcantara interior in a Z06 soon that will rival the interior of any car at any price :)

Agreed, I love the new V's interior. Love the design, the controls, the materials.

I was in the dealership shopping one last month. But it looks like I'm holding off on buying. For a single apparently stupid reason that surprisingly turned out to be a big deal: I had a 2011 CTS as a rental while my V was getting serviced and discovered the vents blow on my hands. I can't get em to blow on me without freezing my knuckles. These end up as my daily drivers.

Sounds dumb, but after a day of that, it became a deal killer. Which sucks for me, I was really looking forward to getting the new one.