sold a truck and now guy wants to sue me

toms03cobra

i had 95 gmc yukon lifted that i sold last week. the guy came from virgina he had a guy with him he said was a mechanic checked it out and said it was good.when he got it home he had it inspected. He said there is 7500 dollars of work to do that it is not road safe and not meeting emissions .so he said that he is going to sue me . just wanted to know what u guys thank.:confused: thanks

I would tell him you hope to hear from his attorney soon. He bought it fair and square. Did you at least get him to sign a "as-is" bill of sale? I dont think theres really anything he can do on a used car from a private seller. The guy would have to prove that you intentionally sold him a car with issues you knew and didnt disclose at the time of sale.

Same thing happened to me but guy tryed to get his money back on that pos talon I had, guy said drive axle poped out on 71 driving home..........how does that happen? Anyway he sounded like a complete lier......come to think about it... I now have another pos talon. Shame on me twice in a row.

he put $100

"He put"? How much did he buy it for? If he paid anything over $100 then he pulled some fraud. I notarize doc's all the time and NEVER do I notarize the price. People put a lower price all the time to avoid paying full taxes.

Tell him to EAD and you'll see him in court. :)

EDIT: Also, as everyone else said, it's sold "as is". I personally make it a practice to write "Sold as is" on all 4 edges of a title if I'm the seller.