Picked up a 5.0 GT but want to sell ideas?

nicktcfcsb

So I picked up this 91 mustang about 100k on it and one repaint with welds, It has lots of work done to it but the interior smells musty and I kinda want to unload it fast, Here is the deal, it has a set of fresh e7 heads that are slightly worked, (they are off the car) Should I for best resale or trade?

a. Put on the stock heads and get running

b. Buy a nice set of used aluminum heads

c. Sell or trade it not running

d. Part out all the sick go fast goodies and then sell as stock as possible?

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj398/nicktcfcsb/strimsandcar003.jpg

It came with a brand new S trim, that I already am not keeping, it has a tubular gt-40 upper and lower, mac long tubes, and mac full exhaust, its got a cam, welds, 4.11 gear (installed by Stolen 5.0, Fowler) and a non painted cowl hood. Be cool aluminum rad, underdrive pulleys Edited by nicktcfcsb

If you have all the parts to put it together than just do it and that way I think it will be worth the most money. If you dont want to deal with the hastle than just sell the go fast parts and sell the car not running. If it was me I would put the car together.

it won't be worth squat if its not running, so if the cost of repairs is not much, i would repair it before you sell it. anytime i see someone selling a car and they say "it just needs this (tune, new fuel pump, spark plugs, etc) in order to run perfectly"---i automatically assume that they've tried multiple things to fix the problem with the car and it will be a HUGE headache for the new owner get running. the price i'd pay for that car goes WAY down. maybe they're being honest, maybe they know the car will never run right, maybe they're just exhausted with the car---i don't know, but i assume the worst. so, i say sell it running, or part it out and sell it as a roller.

It came with a brand new S trim, that I already am not keeping, it has a tubular gt-40 upper and lower, mac long tubes, and mac full exhaust, its got a cam, welds, 4.11 gear (installed by Stolen 5.0, Fowler) and a non painted cowl hood. Be cool aluminum rad, underdrive pulleys

if you want to do the work I would try and get a factory intake and put the e7s on and a stock hood, swap those out, leave the cam as its not worth the hassle of taking out, rear-end isn't worth much to bother with swapping a stocker in unless it also has an eaton/locker or some 31+ spline setup in it with aftermarket axles- Id also leave the exhaust and pullies as they isnt worth the hassle either.

so in short I would sell the upper/lower intake, blower, and hood, then sell the car as a lightly modified fox gt. Ideally a stock cam would help but again you have to find a stock one and then fight those rusty ass water pump bolts that love to break, mess with the timing chain cover and the oil pan seal which can be tough, etc etc etc.

I have access to all the stock parts, I am going to put the heads on it tomorrow, and get working on what intake I will keep on it. I know the person I got this from very well and it became a issue of familly time or mustang time so thats why he didn't put it back together. I wasnt really planning on selling it not running, but everyone here wanted to know what it would take without me doing anything to it.